Blowmolds/BlowMoulds ... and Inflatables ...

kel

Dedicated elf
Dare I say them in the same topic ...

Yes, I can, as there is no forum on ACL to ask questions about these two rather popular props ...

What I want to know is how to:

1) replace the rather inferior halogen bulb in the blowmold type stuff with a brighter, same voltage LED (aka 12V)
2) similarly, with the incans in the inflatables

That's all for the mo ... ty

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Replacement lights shouldn't really be that hard to source kel. Part of the problem is going to be the fact that filament lamps radiate in every direction whereas leds are quite directional. It is possible to get replacement lamps for interior lights for cars but they tend to be the equivalent of about 5W incandescant lights and they are made by a couple of rows of leds. There is also the possibility of using led replacements for halogen downlights. These are directional and are typically 15-45 degree angles. If you used these you'd need to use a reflector to increase the spread.

kel

Dedicated elf
alec had a solution for his blowbloulds ... and I have a soloution for my blowmolds (just chuck a wht led string in each of them)

... but the inflatables, seem to be a tad different ... one of the ones that I had at the BNE mini was solved by placing a wht strip around it externally (thanks steve and harrison) ... but the other need an internal fix!

The inflatables are really dull ... they probably need rewiring ...

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Have you got details on voltages etc that you are working with kel. Photos of what you are referring to will help out too. Sticking a 10W flood inside a blowmould will make it bright but a light that size will probably be unfeasible.