Bluetooth audio from a Kulp K8-B controller with Beaglebone Black

Has anyone had any experience playing sequence audio from a Kulp K8-B controller with Beaglebone Black? The Kulp website suggests to use of something like a "Sound Blaster Play 3" but that device has a 3.5mm jack output for wired headphones or a wired amplifier which wold have to be connected to speakers. Instead, I would like to know if a USB Bluetooth dongle like this (usb transmitter) plugged into the Beaglebone USB port would be recognised by FPP as an audio output device (or would I need a proper USB "soundacard"?) so I could stream Bluetooth audio to a BT speaker?

darylc

404 darylc not found
bluetooth is a very bad idea if you want your lights to be synchronised with the audio

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
I used one of these for 3 years.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/401678263005

It's powered from USB and that USB supports audio over it. FPP recognised the FM transmitter for Audio.
Quality's not great for a $10 device.

$10 on a transmitter, cars can tune their radio and you can use a portable radio for speakers. Perfect scenario for wireless audio transmitting in a show.

As to Darylc's comment, Bluetooth is bad for delay. I've made the mistake sequencing a song with Bluetooth headphones and it's a noticeable delay (half a second). FM radio is a lot quicker and hardly noticeable.

Thanks for the responses, all - there's some good advice in there. I think I will go for a USB sound card with wired output that I can put straight into an amplifier / speakers.

I thought maybe xlights or fpp would have a millisecond delay compensation slider that I could use to apply a constant ms delay to the light output during playback to allow for latency on the audio side / maybe there's some technical reason (like unpredictable variable latency) that is the reason this hasn't been implemented.

Cheers!