Boscoyo Strips -QLD group buy

jamesski

Apprentice elf
Alan’s are out of my price range it’s around $180 for 50m of his and about $120 for the boscoyo shipped. from US

bpratt

Senior elf
The continuous strips are what I'm after, rather than the segments.

As both James and myself are in the SE of Qld (Forest Lake and Jimboomba), I'm sort of thinking a a variation to James group buy

From Boscoyo
500 feet / ~150 metre $US120
1000 feet / ~300 metres $US230

My megatree is looking at around 300 feet, so I really need to get at least the 500 foot roll.

Sort of thinking I'm better off getting the 1000 foot roll for myself, as I'm sure I'll use it all up over the next year or two. :)

I was also thinking perhaps even getting an extra roll in to sell off at cost price (roughly 80 US cents per metre + whatever initial shipping costs work out to for a 1000 foot roll).

what's your thinking ?

jamesski

Apprentice elf
That could work for me I need about 200 feet or 60m worth.

The continuous would work better for me save cutting and joining strips etc.

When would you look at ordering? I want to have my tree done by August so have time before Halloween

bpratt

Senior elf
unfortunately for me this time of the year I'm tight for funds, and this year I'm really tight so it wouldn't be until July when I would be ready to order.

Definitely continuous roll is the only way to go these days.... no joins, just one run, and from what I read, a better material.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Alan’s are out of my price range it’s around $180 for 50m of his and about $120 for the boscoyo shipped. from US
There's a bulk discount for 5 or more rolls of 20% and 25% for 10 or more rolls.
Between the Aussie dollar that keeps going down, incoming air freight and G.S.T. it's impossible for me to match the Boscoyo price. With the 20 and 25% discounts it does get somewhat closer though.

jamesski

Apprentice elf
unfortunately for me this time of the year I'm tight for funds, and this year I'm really tight so it wouldn't be until July when I would be ready to order.

Definitely continuous roll is the only way to go these days.... no joins, just one run, and from what I read, a better material.

July was when I was thinking after tax man has paid a visit

miked

New elf
I'd be interested in getting 25 strips of the original pixel mounting strip as I am doing a small project and don't need the stronger stuff.
Is the buy leaning towards the bulk rolls now though ?

jamesski

Apprentice elf
I'd be interested in getting 25 strips of the original pixel mounting strip as I am doing a small project and don't need the stronger stuff.
Is the buy leaning towards the bulk rolls now though ?
I’m happy to go the strips, what’s your location?