Boscoyo Studio Bulk Buy 2018 interest - Opens late March or April

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I bought a 1000 feet roll last year on the shipping is a Killer, was $2XX. Mind you it’s a big roll and heavy so can understand the cost. I did an estimate to have it shipped to a freight forwarder then to me and was going to cost more.

Giles1

Giles
Generous elf
I'd be interested in getting some strips. I'm hoping to try knocking up a small Mega-tree this year (3m high x 180 degrees,, maybe 500-600 lights). I was thinking about getting 10 strips (of 95"). Is that the best way to buy it, or do we just get a continuous length?
I you could let my know how the strip would come and the cost, that would be appreciated.

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
I'd be interested in getting some strips. I'm hoping to try knocking up a small Mega-tree this year (3m high x 180 degrees,, maybe 500-600 lights). I was thinking about getting 10 strips (of 95"). Is that the best way to buy it, or do we just get a continuous length?
I you could let my know how the strip would come and the cost, that would be appreciated.

10 strips wouldnt be worth the postage. I sell strips @ 3.50ea https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/boscoyo-products.9674/ Out of stock ATM but will be getting an order very soon

Baf05

Full time elf
TByrne, I don't know your costs, but $3.50 per strip seems pretty high. Strips from Boscoyo at $1.40US, granted there is the exchange rate and postage to you, but your price doesn't include postage to the buyer, I accept you need to make money too, of course. Just seems like a very high mark up.

Based on those figures, I would be looking at $6-700 for a 1000' roll?

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Thanks Baf05 for your kind words.

Just to point out what goes into making my price decisions. Last time of purchase of 100 strips totaled landed to me was $315 aud. So total "profit" was $35 that didnt inc my time to ship the items. Last time I checked 1000' roll was equaled to 305m so in fact for 127 strips would cost $444.50. Speaking with James yesterday his new 1000' roll weighs 30lbs so shipping would cost a discounted $140usd. $370usd to buy his new roll.

As I've always said, Don't like it buy direct from James

davenmarcia

Apprentice elf
I ended up buying mine thru TByrne as it worked out easier and was pretty close to what it would have cost me from boscoyo. Received within 3 days.
Dave

Baf05

Full time elf
Don't get me wrong, not at all having a go. You are providing a service and entitled to charge what you like.

If you can provide me 1000’ at $340 usd I am happy to order through you too!

drakky

Senior elf
is this bulk buy going to happen soon ? it's already the end of the 1st week of April

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Speaking with James on Thurs he mentioned that he might open it up soon. He was waiting on his new pixel roll machine to arrive but seeing the weight of the roll, It won't be discounted as much as the coro/ABS. He may open a bulk buy just for the roll later

ElSalZi

Full time elf
Thats a shame... I would need the Pixel Roll/strips for our 5m Mega Tree... was going to buy the header and strips together in order to combine postage.

Please keep us informed Mr. TByrne

Last edited:

Baf05

Full time elf
I am really keen for the roll too, have a project in mind that would really benift. Plus I want to update my mega tree

drakky

Senior elf
Speaking with James on Thurs he mentioned that he might open it up soon. He was waiting on his new pixel roll machine to arrive but seeing the weight of the roll, It won't be discounted as much as the coro/ABS. He may open a bulk buy just for the roll later
hopefully soon I've got a bit of stuff on my plate this year don't want it to be like last year having to spend too much time at the last minute , if he's not ready to go soon I think I'll just make an order through you Troy I thought your prices were quite fair

Matthew Thompson

Santa's Little Helpers
hopefully soon I've got a bit of stuff on my plate this year don't want it to be like last year having to spend too much time at the last minute , if he's not ready to go soon I think I'll just make an order through you Troy I thought your prices were quite fair

Yeah i am thinking the same for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.