Brand Spanking New!

ScooterDave

New elf
Howdy y'all, my Name is Dave, AKA-ScoooterDave. I want to say thanks for letting me join this Group. I am Still Quite New with all this Animated Lighting however, I have been lighting up my Place for years. Ever since I was a wee Chap, I been bitten by the Light Bug, lol. I am a Former US Navy Submariner, Although I wanted to Retire maybe after 20 or so but, I got hurt and had been Medically Retired Perm Disabled. Not the way I had planned but, I guess we just take what the man gives us and carry on. So, been into this Hobby with the Lights but, I now want to dive in to the Animated Scene. Lol. I know it's gonna take a while to get even near what most on here are at but, I think(hope)(if Medical doesn't stop me) I'm Ready to start. I have read a whole lot of info from multiple sites and forums. I know there is a lot to learn and I'm Not an Electrician nor an Engineer however, I was a Computer Tech and Not to bad with electrical wiring. With all that said, Please excuse or forgive me if I'm asking a lot of questions, lol. I do belong to multiple sites and places to purchase all the Mega Stuff that is needed to get started. Places like Alibaba, Aliexpress, adafruit. I have even been purchasing from Mr Ray Wu, which is cool. I have even spoke to TechnicolorPixel- Zack. He has given me quite a bit a Great and useful info. I'm glad I have him to maybe email or txt for some help also.
So, if there is anything else anyone needs/wants to know about me then feel free to message me. So, Thanks again.
Regards ScooterDave

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome52.gif

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Welcome to ACL ScooterDave!

Lots of your questions will already be answered in the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual.

After you have read that you will probably have even more questions then when you started, but that is ok because we were all new at one point and there are lots of us here happy to answer them :)

The best advice you can get is take it slow, ask lots of questions and have fun!

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day ScooterDave, welcome to ACL mate. Don't sell yourself short. I think you'll be creating awesome displays in no time. Once CLAP takes hold there's no going back. :eek: :D :D

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Welcome to ACL ScooterDave.
Come jump into chat, you can get quick answers there as well as any post on the forums

A lot of diverse back grounds here with a lot of different approaches to lighting

-blu

Nodent

Apprentice elf
SOOOOO you played in submarines aye?

Well I hunted them in P-3's hehe. VP-46 out of Moffet field CA
I was an Ordnancemen back in 87-92. Flew the 12 missions tracking subs and the like.

I am also new to the animated lights and jumping into RGB lighting.

Welcome

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Nodent... you were out of Moffet ? That there is my neck of the woods
The P-3's used to fly over our house daily until they moved out of the area.

-Blu

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Dave

Have any photos of your display?

Turning a static display into a animated / sequenced display is not as hard as you may think. Maybe more time consuming than you might think though. :D