Brian Oakes from Warkworth New Zealand

Brian Oakes

New elf
Hi I live in the Town of Warkworth New Zealand which is just North of Auckland. I have been lighting my home since I moved here 14 years ago. I started with just a few strings of the old filament lights and as is the norm my display has grown like topsy. I have totally converted over to LED lights using a mixture of commercial grade lighting strings and Domestic grade lighting strings. 4 years ago I invested in a lightorama controller. Big jump and big learning curve learning how to sequence and schedule the show. I have now sequenced around 14 songs and the show runs for around 2 hours every night for a month over the Christmas period. We get big crowds visiting the show and we collect money for the local Hospice and I have now raised over $12000 for them. As well as the lights I have a bubble machine, a snow machine and also a smoke machine.
I was considering calling it a day after this year as I was as I was loosing the excitement of it all. However I have discovered Pixels and now see what they can do for my display. I am very keen to embrace this medium and I am now planning to to have at least a pixel mega tree in the show this year.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Well done on the fundraising Brain. Great cause and effort.
Hopefully you'll change over to Xlights now that you've discovered pixels. Much better and free option for sequencing. You can import your old sequences if you really want to.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Great to see another kiwi helping to dominate the aussies ;). Very nice job on your fundraising efforts and hope that your experience of pixels will put your spirit through the roof! :).

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi Brian and welcome.

We're slowly getting enough numbers to eventually have a mini or at least a meet and greet on this side of the ditch.

Kev

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Brian!
Great to see what you've done so far, can only imagine what you can achieve with the added support of the group here :)

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Great to see another kiwi here, Im in Karaka Lakes Auckland. After a lot of drama over the last 5-6yrs I have decided to only do my show every 2nd year :) Look forward to seeing what you do with pixels :)