building a matrix

deanneat

New elf
Hello all

I would like to make a see through matrix - hoping for 1500mm x 1500mm and want to place it over a window allowing light to come through during the day. I was thinking LED strips of 1500mm (60/m) giving me 75 per strip - 31 strings (50mm gap between strings)

I am quickly learning xLights and have a thought of a sequence for Halloween -

but need to physically create and test

I do need a controller etc - and was thinking about the falcon F48 with receiver boards for ease to increase elements and power injection at element the site - I also have the ability to mix voltages both 12 & 5

Still doing lots of reading and learning, and it seems that I can send an email and get the strings custom cut with factory soldered ends from Ray Wu.

So what should I ask for? I was thinking - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ml?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.6.1ece2c7cikwls9

so we have WS2812B chips individually controlled LEDS using 14.4w/m being total loading at 100% - 670w of power, so will definitely need a minimum of 2x 5V 350W, probably 3 to allow an 80% max loading. I'm also assuming that 100% will burn the eyeballs out of the intended viewers - so thinking 30% to 40% brightness would be suffice and this is done through xLights - that's correct isn't it?

I'm in no rush getting things - but this is an "am I correct" sort of post :) and want to know if I'm heading down the correct path as I am thinking if I plug away over the year then I will have something nice at the end :)

thanks

Dean

deanneat

New elf
Hey Dez - I just replied to your texting post with Matts stuff too - the matrix over the window is what I want to build :)

People like this fellow are just inspiring aren't they