Bullets or square pixels on ChromaTrim with conduit for gutters

daunce

Full time elf
Hi all.

I'm looking at running ChromaTrim on conduit along the gutters this year, cable tying them into the gutter overflow slits (Awesome idea @djgra79).

Although I'm trying to weigh up if there's any differences in how it sits when using bullets or square pixels.

I used bullets with a corflute prop that hangs on a wall, and I was quite surprised as how far out the wiring from the bullets stick out the back, pushing the prop 5cm or so from the wall.

So for anyone that's used ChromaTrim on conduit, did you find the rear of the bullet pixels affected how they sit on the conduit / gutters?

Or is it more the amount of excess wire that would push it out?

Cheers.

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Hi we used bullet nodes for some Chromatrim last year

With the 25mm conduit used to mount the chromatrim the bullets don’t seem to be a issue.
Sorry this is a bad pic but it’s the only one I had handy (and yes a pixel was missed when pushing them in :) )

View: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzaljke0rqflqci/Photo%2020-11-19%2C%202%2027%2026%20pm.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:

daunce

Full time elf
Hey thanks for the pic. What a conundrum. Have an extra pixel, or go back and remove a heap just to push them all back again.. I'm not sure I would have had the mental strength to let it go xD

What about when you mounted the 25mm conduit to whatever? If you pushed it hard against a wall/gutter, would the wiring get in the way of having the ChromaTrim parallel to the wall/gutter, or would you have to rotate like you have in the picture?

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I was worried after mounting it, I'd have to rotate it so the bullets are pointing 45 degrees up, and as these are for a 2 storey house, wouldn't be as effective.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I actually covered this with some tests in the below thread:

I opted fot bullets at 2" spacing and the werent able to face down towards audience, but you dont really notice it once lit up