buying pixels

craig37

New elf
hey guys just wondering where you guys purchase your 12v ws2811 rgb pixels from? ( shop or website) any recommendations.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Welcome to AusChristmasLighting forums @craig37 !

There's some vendors locally in AU and there's plenty of vendors in China.
Buying locally often means better support and shipping times, whereas buying direct from China is cheaper.

After reading through the posts from @ryanschristmaslights on GS8208 pixels, they do seem like a good step-up from standard ws2811 pixels.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
GS8208 pixels, they do seem like a good step-up from standard ws2811 pixels.
For 12V you know what type I'd prefer (GS8208) 😉. Definitely worth reading up about them before choosing what to go with, although supplier choices are limited for the GS8208 which is why mine came from Shiji Lighting rather than a more well known vendor.

craig37

New elf
Welcome to AusChristmasLighting forums @craig37 !

There's some vendors locally in AU and there's plenty of vendors in China.
Buying locally often means better support and shipping times, whereas buying direct from China is cheaper.

After reading through the posts from @ryanschristmaslights on GS8208 pixels, they do seem like a good step-up from standard ws2811 pixels.
Thanks i need all the help i can get as i dont really no much about pixels. ive been doing lights for 10years and im getting sick of the string lights etc and thus needed a change but i no this is an expensive exercise but will be worth it so im just getting as much info as i can including controllers been told about falcon but yeah pretty much need help with the whole shooting match.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Craig!
The wiki has a list of vendors to purchase pixels etc from:
https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Lighting-suppliers#RGB-and-pixels
The Aus based vendors are simply re-sellers of some of the listed China vendors/manufactuers as its not viable (so far) to produce pixels locally, but you do benefit from reduced postage costs and timing.

Snicko

Apprentice elf
I purchased Etop pixels from Light it up leds.
I got pricing from Etop Direct and Paul was not much more and you are covered by Australian Consumer law, not to mention he is easier to deal with and will actually support the product.

I had 2 failures out of 6800 running all bought 2022 from Paul

Others werent so lucky, but the pre buy purchases seemed to have been better