Bypass MFC BigW & Kmart type LED Lights

madmaxisback

New elf
I thank you all once again for the help! I got these sets over 2-3 years and I think the last set was purchased last year Alan. Not sure if they are still being sold.

One more question if I could: what is the best way to "lock" the controller in one mode or make sure memory works everytime?

Reason for this is there is one mode on MFC that looks great for my static display (twinkles) but I would lose setting when turning off for sequenced LOR show.

Cheers
Andrew

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
If the controller doesn't have mode memory, there's no easy way to add it.

That's why most of us remove the MFC and run them from a DC controller instead.

i13

Dedicated elf
I think it can be done for some types of 8-function controllers
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,485.0.html

David_AVD is right though. You can make up your own modes of flashing with DC control because you can control the channels within the light sets.

Edit: Another thing I should have told you is that I've had experienced ACL members warn me in chat that if you accidentally dim that type of plugpack with the 240V controller then it (the plugpack) can catch fire. You may also have your controller's channels stick on if the light sets don't draw enough current to shut them off.

madmaxisback

New elf
Thanks again team!

Worked perfect on second type of controller. I run for 3 hours last night and it looks to be happy. Like I said before, nothing to intense happening on these strings just wanted the option this year. Next year I think I will go DC with Alan's gear and some other LOR DC boards.

Plan to run the MFC in my setup this year and I will put them in a good place so they will just burn themselves out if any "Magic Smoke" does happen! :D