C7 LED

2timemvp

New elf
Hi everyone. I've been searching for 3 years to find LED C7/9 lights to hang on my American colonial style house. Would anyone be able to help me with my search? I'd like it to have an Australian connection, which is why I haven't imported from America.

i13

Dedicated elf
The way to do that would be to get a low voltage power supply. Plenty of options although most of them are pixels. You could probably just get C7 or C9 covers for a dumb RGB light set which you can connect straight to the power supply if you don't want computer control or preset patterns with a pixel tester. This would let you choose the colour of the light set each year. Ask the seller whether the covers will fit the particular lights that you choose.

Note that 12V nodes and the Technicolour pixels have been known to have problems. Can't speak for the dumb (non-pixel) 12V nodes. Make sure you know the advantages of 5V versus 12V and the voltage drop and power draw. Chat is a good place to learn about that. I order from this seller and so do many other members of this forum. Ask him directly for a shipping quote because Aliexpress sometimes overcharges you. This seller can be slow to get things shipped but I have been happy with the quality of the things that he sells.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799/search?origin=y&SearchText=c7

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799/search/2.html?SearchText=c

This is an example of a dumb RGB string that can be connected straight to a power supply
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/IP68-DC5V-input-12mm-through-hole-LED-channel-letter-RGB-color-50pcs-a-string/701799_522237021.html

2timemvp

New elf
Thanks i13. I appreciate your help.
I have seen aliexpress but they didn't reply to my question as to whether they were an American or Australian connection.

i13

Dedicated elf
PM sent with the seller's email address. I don't post email addresses on public forums because this can generate spam.

The lights don't have a mains power plug because they are low voltage. If you get the dumb (non-pixel) ones then they have 4 bare wires that you connect to a power supply which is not a part of the light set. There is one negative wire each for red, green and blue and then a shared positive. Connecting multiple negatives causes the colours to mix e.g. red+blue=magenta.

The reason that there is no power supply sold with the light set is that those are generally used in applications where a single powerful supply runs multiple light sets. You can use whatever DC power supply you want as long as it supplies the right voltage and it can handle the wattage.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Hello,

We supply commercial quality C7 and C9 digital lighting and systems in Australia, so give a call if you are interested