C9 Pixel Covers for you to print

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Been meaning to post this one up for a few weeks now.

Attached is the STL file for my C9 design

I have printed these successfully in Natural ABS with the following basic slicing parameters

Layer Height: 0.2mm
Layer Width: 0.44mm
Nozzle: 0.4mm
Speed: variable in S3D, base and top needs to be down to maybe 30mm/sec

These are sized a little tight on the base hole to allow for some pixels I have that are closer to 11mm than 12mm hole requirement.
You could scale the model fractionally if you need to.

These look like
P7140197.jpg

STL file in Zip

Attachments

• c9_v4_8mm.zip
    288.8 KB · Views: 28

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
At the meet and greet on the weekend we had some pixels running and I had both some 3D printed C9's that Phil had been circulating around and the faceted C9's that suit the ACL pixels. It was pretty bright at Gerry's so you don't get the full effect but Andrew/multicast liked the look of the faceted ones sufficiently some of them went back to NZ and they may well be added to the Stellascapes lineup.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeEuWk2S4Vo

CJ Morin

New elf
AussiePhil said:
Been meaning to post this one up for a few weeks now.

Attached is the STL file for my C9 design

I have printed these successfully in Natural ABS with the following basic slicing parameters

Layer Height: 0.2mm
Layer Width: 0.44mm
Nozzle: 0.4mm
Speed: variable in S3D, base and top needs to be down to maybe 30mm/sec

These are sized a little tight on the base hole to allow for some pixels I have that are closer to 11mm than 12mm hole requirement.
You could scale the model fractionally if you need to.

STL file in Zip

Hi I just bought a 3D printer and I am learning as much as I can before I get it, so my question to you is would it be to difficult to make this with a faceted face. I am new to all of this and I am not very good with CAD yet.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would think you could make a facetted type, but the wall thickness may need to be a bit bigger and you would have to draw this up yourself.

The one concern I have with covers made using a 3D printer is the longevity withstanding UV as both PLA and ABS are not inherently UV stabilised, so making covers that only have a wall thickness of 2 or 3 layers may become brittle after a season or 2.

I would like to hear from others that may have used 3D printer made covers and get their feedback on how they went after a season of use.