Cable tie mounts. Where to get them. Quickly

mborg10

Michael Borg
I was going to use cable tie mounts to mount my 100 milky stars to my tiled roof. I read somewhere that the double sided tape on them won't hold so I was going to remove the tape and silicone the mounts. Last night I put the mounts in a bucket with some turps. This morning I came out and a lot of the tape had come off so I left it all day. Well when I got home all the mounts have melted into one blob and are useless.

Other than eBay, where else can you get these from. I looked in bunnings in the cable section but couldn't see any.

scotthorwell

New elf
Michael, I've got about 30 of the black ones ( and there should be another bag of 100 somewhere) alternatively I've got a couple 100 of the white ones, happy to give them to you to help out

mborg10

Michael Borg
I got plenty of the white ones if worse comes to worse. Just means I'll have to take them off after Christmas. I'm going to head back Down to bunnings after dinner to have another look.

Thanks I'll let you know how I go.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
I have used the white ones on my brick and painted them to be the same color as the brick.

You could do that, save you removing them at the end of the season?

Also.....SupercheapAuto have them too, but only the small ones generally.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Thanks guys I was hoping to do this on the weekend but looking at the weather report I might be pushing "something up hill"
Bunnings had nothing even close. I have ordered some more black ones but will prob get here Monday.

If it rains I can just concentrate on sequencing. Rush Rush Rush

burner

Full time elf
I got 2 packs the other day from Bunnings. They were in a pack of 6. Expensive for just a couple (I think they were around $3.5 each pack). They were next to the cable ties in the electrical section.

kel

Dedicated elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Damicka10) said:
I was going to use cable tie mounts to mount my 100 milky stars to my tiled roof. I read somewhere that the double sided tape on them won't hold so I was going to remove the tape and silicone the mounts. Last night I put the mounts in a bucket with some turps. This morning I came out and a lot of the tape had come off so I left it all day. Well when I got home all the mounts have melted into one blob and are useless.

Sort of 'off' topic reply ...

Tip: to remove the tape or anything with a sticky label, use eucalyptus oil ...

mborg10

Michael Borg
Yeah That's what the lady at bunnings said. I just didn't think it would be tough enough. Works out turps is too tough

Boof63

Senior elf
I have been ordering from RED 2 Go in WA. overnight postage bag ($20) but toss in some heat shrink etc and make it worth the cost. Web site is here http://www.red2go.net/. Have been using because can get clear heat shrink.
Cheers Boof63 :D :D

JPB

Full time elf
I am using a hot air gun to remove the double sided tape. Just need to be careful as it can melt the mount as well.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I put the stars up using the double sided tape. Will see how we go. I had a downpour today and they survived, but still have to finish the rest

aty5y3a9.jpg