Can anybody share a Santa picture that works on a Pixel Tree

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I have a 10 strand flat tree. 3m high by 90 pixels. I have 100mm between strands at the base. I would like to include a scrolling picture of santa in one of my sequences. Just his face or his whole body, I'm not fussy. I did the google search and found a face I thought would look good but the poor resolution in my tree means that it doesn't really look like santa in real life even though it looked good on the computer screen.

I'm guessing I need more of a recognisable filled in outline than a detailed face. Does anybody have an image they have used in the past on a similar layout that they could share. I could find plenty of images in google but I don't have any experience to be able to tell what is likely to work well.

Thank you.

bbayjohn

Senior elf
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=santa+pictures&FORM=HDRSC2
heaps here, if they are any good to you
th

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks for the help. To give you an idea, this is what I tried to use. When I put it on my lights you can't really make out what it is. I am waiting for night as maybe it will look better in the dark.

Attachments

• Santa Face 2.jpg
    Santa Face 2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 9

kel

Dedicated elf
The jpg dimensions are incorrect for your tree ... the pic is 288 x 300 pixels. Your tree has a lot less pixels! Try resizing the picture ...

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Sorry Kel. That was the original size. I did resize it to around 60x60 and scrolled it across. I then resized it to 10x10 and held it there constant. Neither option seem very clear. Hopefully they might show up better after dark.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Santa looks much better at night. I slowed the scroll down a bit and he looks a treat. I do realise without pictures it didn't happen, but I have too much to learn to have time to upload video. Gave the neighbours a sneak preview of Christmas and they gave the thumbs up. So all good so far. It started off a bit hazy but the weekends shaping up to be a beauty. Thanks again for the tips.