Cannot open adapter error message w/ LOR DMX dongle

Jeffk13057

New elf
Hello guys and gals:

Looking for some help on a problem.

I have an S3 advanced license with a Super Star Demo. Am using 2 LOR USB485 dongles, one to a CTB16PC and one that goes to a LOR->DMX crossover cable to a Seasonal Entertainment Multiport blender. That in turn is connected to a Rainbow Flood Extreme. Actually, it doesn't matter what DMX device is connected to the dongle.

The red light is on on the RF Extreme, meaning I have power to it. DMX light is off. I start up LOR, have everything configured correctly in the Network Preferences, with the second dongle discovered and set to universe 1. The Comm listener is set to Port 8837 and opens, but I get a repeated error message that says, " A900M2SN Error: Cannot open adapter"

The AC Controller red light is solid and works all 16 AC channels fine. Firmware is current.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

Jeff K

Syracuse, NY

[/size]

DanoNJ

Full time elf
Might sound like a strange question, but how old is the dongle. I'm having a simular issue with a dongle dating back to 2008. Just will not put out a DMX signal. Cenote and I have been going round and round on this problem. I'm actually attempting to get a Renard running. I've discovered that the dongle will not fire up a Ray Wu 27ch board either. I'm going to order another LOR 485.

Jeffk13057

New elf
Hi Dano:

Brand spankin new from LOR.

That thought never occurred to me though, to switch dongles and see what happened. I was too busy screwing around with the LOR-->DMX cables and the software end of it. Good idea-thanks. Will try it tomorrow when I get home.

JK

Jeffk13057

New elf
Good Morning:

Yes, I'm not at work, and I don't have LOR in front of me, but I set the network to Raw DMX and Universe 1, etc. I'm pretty sure I set it right, but even before I get that far the Comm Listener pops up and I get the error message right away.

Thanks,

JK