CCR Expander

bright spark

New elf
Hey guys. I have been developing a DMX decoder module based on the LPD6803 which is what LOR's CCR uses. What I designed it for was to be able to use a CCR controller and up to 50 of the modules and expand the CCR controller to basicly give you a 150 channel controller for a fraction of what it would cost in standard LOR DC cards. Each channel uses the same mosfet as a standard DC card, so switching 10amps would be no worry. At the moment I'm looking at around the $10 mark for each. Thats complete, or I can happily sell the PCB and you source the components. Feel free to contact me.
Aaron

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Sounds like and interesting project but the details are still a bit fuzzy, can you elaborate a bit more about exactly what this is and what it does.

After reading your comments in another post what i see you doing is creating a cheap DC output board that runs in LOR but the way it does this is by using a CCR controller to then switch the 6803 IC chip which is what the CCR uses. The CCR controller is only used here without the strip and is instead the strip is replaced with this 3 channel DC output board that is capable of outputting a 10 amp load, you then just use any multiple of these boards connected in series up to 50 boards (150 channels)

bright spark

New elf
Sorry if I was a lil unclear, it was rather late last night for me. Ok so what we have here, is basicly removing the CCR strip all together if you wish, and replacing each pixel (up to total of 50) with 1 of my cards which will be able to easily handle up to 10amps/channel. Now you can expand an $80 CCR controller to give a total of 50 RGB channels or 150 individual channels. Now to get the same output using standard LOR DC cards will cost you $1000.
So what have is the standard pixel input from the CCR controller, or any other pixel driver you wish to use, so +12v, data, clock and gnd, then pixel output to the next node. All the logic is driven from this feed. The power output is supplied from another source of whatever voltage you wish. That way if you wish to have a variety of lights on different voltages it is not an issue.
As yet I havent drawn up a proper schematic, it is all just notes on the whiteboard in the shed. Layout pictures to follow later, but the boards are 50x35mm.