CCR Flashing White

dannyp

Full time elf
I loaded the same question on the LOR forum but no response so I am hopeful that I can get some advice here.

I have a new CCR which I have added to the show and when I plug it into the power it come on all white and starts flashing on and off every second or so. This is before any commands are sent to it. It also does not respond to the test button on the controller. Does this mean it is dead and any idea how I could have done this? Is there any way to test it otherwise?

Mmany thanks

kane

Dedicated elf
Obviously the first suggestion would be to work out if it's the controller or the strip - but I'm guessing that you might only have one CCR? If you had multiple, you could swap the controllers between the two, and you'll quickly work out where your problem is.

Apart from that, I'll leave the LOR/CCR experts to suggest something else!

dannyp

Full time elf
Pretty obvious, but something that did not occur to me. Dohh!!. :-[
I will try that and see which is the problem

Thanks

dannyp

Full time elf
I worked out that it was actually caused by the power supply. The power supply ligh was dimming and then surging and this coincided with the flashes on the CCR. So when I replaced the power Supply , its all good .

Thanks

kane

Dedicated elf
DannyP said:
I worked out that it was actually caused by the power supply. The power supply ligh was dimming and then surging and this coincided with the flashes on the CCR. So when I replaced the power Supply , its all good .
Good to hear.

Always good to know the basics with troubleshooting - the quicker you can isolate where the issue is, the less time you waste looking for the solution in the wrong place. Of course this assumes you have spares that you can switch out, which isn't always the case!