CCRs giving crazy random results

nato595

Let's do this!
This is my first year using the 12 CCRs I bought a few years ago, I have my show sequenced and am finally hooking everything up to test but my CCRs are NOT working as expected.
They display sparatic colors when they shouldnt, nothing when they should and randome flickering pixels at random times.
This is the case with all 12 ribbons.
My setup is PC to 16 channel controller, to daisy chained CCR controllers.
My first thought was that I was exceeding power limitations so I tried just one ribbon and controller plugged in but still same result.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

dale82

Senior elf
Now I could be wrong as it has been a while since I have played with my ccrs, down the bottom of each ccr in the sequencer, where the macros etc go make sure there is nothing at all in those channels.

nato595

Let's do this!
The LOR support team says I am overloading the network.
They suggested updating the CCR controller firmware and buying their new High Speed version of the USB-485 adapter, and putting my AC controllers and CCR controllers on two different networks. I'll post a status update when I've done this... or I might just use my new J1Sys P12S controller instead. What would you do?

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Two things to check.

The normal usb can only do about 6 to 8 CCRs so you need at least 2 usb drivers for 12 CCRs.

More important however, check on the CCR setup and make sure they are not in legacy mode. If even one is in legacy mode then you will have very strange reactions on the lights. Use the LOR hardware utility advanced configuration to check.