Build guide Cheap & easy hula hoop arches

bepa

New elf
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to show you my cheap diy arches, maybe as inspiration for your future projects.

Clipboard01.jpg

1634467350333_small.jpg

For these arches you need:
  • 1.5m (~59") hulla hoop with 20mm (0.78") diameter (it is available sold per meter) in color white or milky
  • 1m (39") lenght, 16mm (0.62") diameter installation pipe
  • 2 pcs M4x30 Screw (should be about 8 - 32 UNC, 1.1" long)
  • 2 pcs 3D printed part attached
  • LED strip IP67 60 LED/m -> Cut to 82-84 LEDs
  • 2 wooden boards as bottom mount
First cut the hulla hoop to lenght and insert the LED strip. My Arches have 83 LEDs, so the first pixel can be a signal amplifier.
I used silicon glue to get the end of the strip watertight.
Then screw the 3D printed mounts on a piece of wood and connect the two stands with the installation pipe.

1634467350330_small.jpg

Mark the position of the screw holes on the installation pipe, remove it, drill a little hole that the screw can pass and reattach it. Then fasten the M4 screw throught the hole. The hole is tight enough, that no screw nut is needed.
As a last part, you have to press the hulla hoop throught the mount, be aware that the cabeling is going through the spaces in of mount and you are finished.
You can drill some mounting holes to the wooden pieces as you wish.

I made 10 of them and I am very satisfied to gets some nice props for cheap money.

Greets
bepa

Attachments

• bottompart.zip
    118.4 KB · Views: 13

bepa

New elf
Hi!
Sorry for the delayed reply. I got it from a German seller hula-hoop-shop.eu (here in Germany it is very hard to get stuff to build props)
I know I am a bit mislocated for this forum, but here seems to be the nicest community :)

The per-meter hula hoop is made of HDPE. I found some available in Australia, but only black. Maybe you know some stores.

greets
bernd

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
found one store at least https://prettystickycircus.com.au/Hula-Hoop-Tube-c12134001

Their 25mm white product has this in the description
This is not a clear or natural tube, it is solid white. LED lights look fabulous in this tube as well if you are making LED hoops or your own outdoor Christmas decorations.
Hmm... that domain.... pretty sticky circus .com.au.
Whoops, probably not best to have that one in my search history on an organisational network....
That domain might imply something else to IT dept...