Cheap option to the CCR

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ive been looking around for a cheaper option to the CCR and think I may have found it

LED Digital strip, with 6803 IC, 30pcs 5050 SMD per meter:DC12V input;with silicon tubing - US$13.26/m
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209843764-306378431/LED-Digital-strip-with-6803-IC-30pcs-5050-SMD-per-meter-DC12V-input-with-silicon-tubing.html

Strip Controller LT6803 360 channel channels, 512DMX - US$40.00
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209915969-314083682/LT-6803-DMX-Decoder-DC5-24V-input-LPD6803-specific-protocol-output-signal-Max256-steps-.html

Ray is able to supply these controllers as well even though the link above is from another dealer

So for a total of approx US$105.00 you get 5 metres of digital 6803 RGB strip + a 360 channel controller

Compare that to LOR CCR which is US$250.00 that's a massive saving of nearly %60

I intend to buy one soon and do a comparison with the CCR. If anyone else has had any experience with these strips and/or controllers it would be nice to hear you opinions.

(prices do not include shipping)

Strip Controller LT6803 360 channel, 512DMX spec sheet

Attachments

• LT-DMX-6803 DMX512.pdf
    599.3 KB · Views: 36

Tabor

Full time elf
I think they might be.

Your post refers to it being 96 channels, but in the pdf you attached it says its 360 channels.

Maybe the second link it pointing to the wrong product??

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Tabor said:
I think they might be.

Your post refers to it being 96 channels, but in the pdf you attached it says its 360 channels.

Maybe the second link it pointing to the wrong product??

Looks like i grabbed the wrong link, i did originally have them both opened, so now ive changed the link to represent the spec sheet that Ray sent me

riri7707

Full time elf
Hi,
i didn't know this chip...
What is the main difference comparing to HL1606?
Can we adress individually one led in the string ?

Henri

ThaiWay

1500 C9's are not green
360 channels yes, but only 120 RGB nodes...

Apparently you set the start address on the controller, and the nodes cascade up from that to get their addresses... so yes, individual node control.

check out page 7 of the manual for sample applications.

kudos to dmoore who first turned me on to this controller and the LPD-6803 chip

John

Attachments

• LT-DMX-6803 DMX512.pdf
    599.3 KB · Views: 22

neilric99

Full time elf
the ltech controller will control from 360-512 channels, so it will drive from 2 or 3 * 150 channel led strips, The only thing that is not the same as the CCR is no support for LOR protocol just DMX, so you will have to add on a DMX dongle per controller.

You will also have to purchase a 12 Volt 4A DC power supply

Neil

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im also trying to find the pixel strings with the 6803 IC in them, Ray is looking and will get back to me today. If he is able to source the strings then you could use both the strings and the strips on the same controller. Now that would be nice.

I hope to have an update later today/tonight

rrowan

New elf
fasteddy said:
Im also trying to find the pixel strings with the 6803 IC in them, Ray is looking and will get back to me today. If he is able to source the strings then you could use both the strings and the strips on the same controller. Now that would be nice.

Ok I need some help on this one.

Difference between Strings and Strips?

Thanks

Rick R.

(Truth be told I need help in a lot of areas :D)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
rrowan said:
fasteddy said:
I'm also trying to find the pixel strings with the 6803 IC in them, Ray is looking and will get back to me today. If he is able to source the strings then you could use both the strings and the strips on the same controller. Now that would be nice.

OK I need some help on this one.

Difference between Strings and Strips?

Thanks

Rick R.

The pixel strings are similar to normal light strings but have an IC chip in them for each light in the string so you can control each light independently. (Similar to the MPH pixel strings). The strings use 5mm RGB LEDs and can be viewed from multiple directions.

The strips are a flexible PCB strip that have an IC chip that allow control of the individual pixels within the strip. (Similar to LORs Cosmic Colour Ribbon) The strips use SMD 5050 RGB LEDS and are only good for viewing in one direction.

rrowan

New elf
Thanks for the Fast reply Eddy

I had food images stuck in my head and couldn't get pass it

Chicken Strips
String Cheese

Sorry

I understand now

Cheers

Rick R.

ThaiWay

1500 C9's are not green
neilric99 said:
the ltech controller will control from 360-512 channels, so it will drive from 2 or 3 * 150 channel led strips, ...

Per the manual:

Input signal: DMX512/1990
Output signal: LPD6803 specific protocol
DMX channel: 360 Ch/unit

John

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
More info and links regarding the pixel strings can now be seen here http://forums.auschristmaslighting.com/index.php/topic,120.0.html

OK spent some more time chatting with Ray from Aliexpress, he is able to source the pixel strings with the 6803 chip as well

6803 pixel string p/n: ADSIC 12 RGB
Price per node: US$0.54 per pixel
Voltage: 5vdc (recommended as being more stable with 5vdc than 12vdc by manufacturer)
LED module length: 12mm each
String Length: Can specify how many nodes you want, generally 50 per string up to 100 per string, less if required.

These strings will work of the same controller as previously shown in this forum so you should be able to mix and match and use the strip and the pixel nodes together through the one controller.

I Will buy a sample of each in the next week or two unless someone beats me to it and post my results up.

This looks like a cheap option for the MPH pixel strings which are approx $100 for 42 nodes so that's a great saving

Stay tuned more info on this to come

More info and links regarding the pixel strings can now be seen here http://forums.auschristmaslighting.com/index.php/topic,120.0.html