Check out my Balls

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Do your balls hang low
Are they swinging to and fro.

Never thought I'd say this but your balls look great. Can you line up the pixels so you can split the ball vertically with lights like you did horizontally in the video. Could create some great effects if you can. Another bad question. How big are your balls.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Thanks for the comments, I never though I would be showing off my balls online.

I haven't joined the two halves together yet so the pixels will line up from top to bottom when I do.

As they are dumb pixels and I have ran out of channels I only have the two channels per ball, so top and bottom half.

The ball is around 18cm in diameter so my balls are a little smaller then I would have liked but they do look good, a lot better in the flesh so to speak.

Cheers

AussieDoug

Full time elf
you should have painted the inside of your balls & not the outside, that way your balls would shine..

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I should have tested that to see what my balls would have looked like or maybe use gloss paint. I actually paint inside and outside. I still have a clear UV Spray to use and may make them shine a little. I was going to only build two but now that they look so good I may have to build more, which means another controller. Damn CLAP.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I was also thinking of making some stepping stones so will remove the 4 stones I have and replace with the light stepping stones. They would be a 400x400x40mm box with dumb RGB strips that the top would be coro and then thick clear acrylic sheet so it can be stood on. The stones will be level with the ground and small white stones around then to create a path way to the front door.

How do you cut Acrylic sheets without stuffing it up.

Any thoughts.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Where did you get your balls from. What was their original purpose in life before they became great balls of fire.