International China Mini 2015?

What is the preferred Travel time?

• Late Feb ( weather is cooler, LED is not quite a good )

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Early June ( Its Hot, better LED show )

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

multicast

Senior elf
Just had a look at airfares and they are around $1200-$1400 AUD return to Guanghouz from SYD or MEL on SouthernChina. ( who are ok ).

Visas for Australian Passport holders are $AUD60 for a single entry visa. ( mandatory ).

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You will find that if its in feb that you should be able to get very cheap airfares to Hong Kong and then catch the train across. I paid $800 with Qantas for a return ticket back in January for a flight in March, so there can be some great prices if you shop around at the right time.

bjpc2716

who dares win
regarding the airline tickets we see about final mumbers i will ask my mother cousin who is a travel agent for a group discount 8)

barbotte

Apprentice elf
wei check with air canada and to go in june for 1 week its 2500 to 3000 $ and that is only the air fare ..no accomodation ... so it look like i am out ..

multicast

Senior elf
bjpc2716 said:
regarding the airline tickets we see about final mumbers i will ask my mother cousin who is a travel agent for a group discount 8)

We will probably start the "Mini" from a location in China or Hong Kong and let folks organise their own air-travel in/out. With people coming from various directions it gets really too hard to organise and theres little or nothing to be gained. I'll work on a bit of an itinery shortly.

multicast

Senior elf
loveroflife96 said:
1300 from Dallas, TX to Shanghai...not too bad!! Might just be able to work this out!

We will be in Guanghouz and Shenzhen, about 1500km south of Shanghei. theres lots of connecting flights. Flying in and out of Hong Kong is a sensible and easy enough option.