Christmas Eve at the Myrtle

mborg10

Michael Borg
I have decided to do it and raise some money. I have chosen the Crohns and Coilitis Association.
I myself have Crohn's and was diagnosed about 10 years ago. I have had some pretty major surgeries over they years and go for an injection every 8 weeks in the hospital.
4 weeks ago my display was in Jeopardy as I was riushed to emergency with a blocked small intestine. Luckily no surgery was needed this time and the lights can continue, well start (first year sequencing)

I thought about giving something back to the people who have helped me so much. I'm not going to run a marathon read 100 books or starve myself for 3 days, but I will brighten the sky and fill the air waves with Christmas cheer.

What - Christmas eve at the Myrtle
Where - cnr myrtle rd and sunflower dr Claremont Meadows.
When - 24th December. Lights come on at 8.00 and santa arrives with lollies for the kids at 9.00

I will be collecting donations aon the night or online at www.everydayhero.com.au and search for Michael Borg

I posted a small taste on youtube last night. Not the most technical sequence but a real crowd pleaser.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4MzfbflkxM&sns=em

I have 7 songs so far. Kids go nuts for The wiggles "Go Santa Go"

MarcD

Full time elf
That is an awesome intro. We wanted to add the Christmas Vacation theme but ran out of time.

Any chance you could send me the audio file you used so we can try to add it in?

MarcD

Full time elf
Happy to if there's anything I have to give you. All of our sequences are written in Vixen with 47 channels. It runs under xLights.

Marc

mborg10

Michael Borg
Yeah don't want to start playing around with that stuff this year. Maybe next time. The file is at home on my pc but the way I got it was I copied the URL from this youtube clip
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-CFVewy2o

Into this converter
http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

And there you have it. Sometimes it doesn't work but that's generally with trademark videos.

MarcD

Full time elf
Thanks. It worked and is on its way to my sequencer (eldest son) who said he could do it in a matter of minutes.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Yeah that ones pretty easy and very effective. Everyone loves that movie and you get to appreciate how many lights are actually on your house.

MarcD

Full time elf
That's why we wanted to add the theme song. We knew the adults would relate to it.

Really appreciate you sharing it.

kel

Dedicated elf
work10.gif

mborg10

Michael Borg
Yeah I have saved 4 songs for Christmas Eve so it's new for everyone. I will have 11 songs in total. I have people eating dinner out the front enjoying the show and there is ways cars parked listening. I had to clutch start a young girls car as she flattened her battery.

Christmas Eve ill turn the fm transmitter off and have it coming thru speakers. i will Block the parking in front of the house so it doesn't get congested. Luckily I have an empty field next door which has an unused 20 car carpark attached.