Church project

924aussie

Full time elf
I am looking at a simple way to make my Wifes Church look like the one on the Lightorama site

http://www.lightorama.com/images/ChurchChristmas.jpg

ChurchChristmas.jpg

There are four "seasons" on the churches calendar and I would like to be able to put the lights up once and change the colours when needed.

Any suggestions ?

Alan

kool-lites

Full time elf
924aussie said:
I am looking at a simple way to make my Wifes Church look like the one on the Lightorama site

There are four "seasons" on the churches calendar and I would like to be able to put the lights up once and change the colours when needed.

Alan

A couple of things to consider:
  • Security, most church properties are not locked up when not in use.
  • Do you want the church to be a single colour, or do you want to have different colours in different areas.
  • Do you want the church outline to fading form one colour to another over a short period of time.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The picture below just shows the use of standard strings which will still give a nice effect just as the picture below shows. There are many options available and from what im understanding this will be more an architectural type of lighting as you want it to be permanent and be able to change the colour if desired.
Do you want the whole church to change with the same colour or do you want sections to be able to change colour independantly?
The budget that you have will be an important factor on what you can use and do.
If you able to provide a bit more info on budget, design goals, type of lights you want to use, surface that you are going to mount to and any other info that will help then im sure there the community can help you find a solution.

924aussie

Full time elf
The "bell tower" is approx 4 storys high so all the equipment will be placed in here and the strings of lights will go down from here.

I am thinking every string to be independent including the windows, so working on about 64 which includes a fair few spare for other uses such as my animatronic heads that I am building.

The light string can be multi coloured if a small concert type event is on ( U2 ... Bono etc allows his music to be used in Church Services believe it or not ) I can send the link if anyone else is interested

or all of them the same such as the blue on the original picture.

Budget ... no such thing, wife is the reverend there so it will come out of my pocket ::)

Alan

dmoore

Senior elf
924aussie said:
Budget ... no such thing, wife is the reverend there so it will come out of my pocket ::)

No kidding - My wife is the Rev Dr Ginny... small world!

No RGB lights for their church though. :(