CMB24D

shtonkalot

New elf
I just posted this on the LOR board but thought I'd put it here as well.
[/size]Figured it would be good to have a thread for this bit of hardware anyway, hard to find a lot of info on this nice little board.
[/size]
[/size]I have a couple of issues with my CMB24D and would like to know if these are limitations of the hardware or if anyone knows how to overcome them.
[/size]
[/size]Firstly I tried uploading a sequence with loops that had increases and decreases in speed over the loops (increase speed by X each loop). The loops run but the speed increase is ignored when running the sequence from the onboard memory. It works fine over the network though.
[/size]Is this just something that is unsupported by the board when using onboard memory? Or am I missing something?
[/size]
[/size]Secondly the sequences appear to not be able to flash at as fast a rate when running from onboard memory as they do over the network.
[/size]I set up a .01 timing grid and made different light patterns on different lights just flashing on and off. So the fastest was on then off every one cell, the next light was on for two cells off for 2 and then so on.
[/size]Running over the network the 2nd fastest appeared nearly smooth and the 3rd and 4th ran fine. the fastest was quite glitchy. When running the sequence from the onboard memory the fastest didn't display any light (light was off the whole sequence) the 2nd was glitchy, 3rd nearly fine and 4th was all good.
[/size]I expected the sequences to be able to run at faster timing from the board than the network, am I missing something here?
[/size]
[/size]Really nice board but it seems to be throwing up a few limitations I was not expecting. I'd love some feedback from other users that have noticed these things.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would say its the onboard controllers bandwidth that creates some of the limitations. I know with a CCR controller if you put in to much activity when using the onbaord memory then the sequence will lag and freeze, but through the network this is no issue.
The other thing is im sure there is a setting to control the speed of the on board sequence, but its been a few years and I cant remember where that setting is.