CNC cut - Controller Mounting Plates

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I've got a lot of help on the forum over the years so I thought I'd offer some help to local members. I have a small CNC router that I am now pretty familiar with so I'm happy to cut mounting plates, you send the design and I'll cut them for you. You can use the Jdeation site, draw your own and send a DXF file or similar.

I cut a few of mine this year out own thin MDF from Bunnings which was cheap, could also do out of plastic etc you just pay for the material and postage.

I got a price from a local supplier for laser cutting and it was horrendous so I cut my own.

Just to be clear this is not a business I run just offering to help out, if you're in NZ and want some help sing out.

Katekate

Senior elf
I found the files downloaded from Jdeation less than ideal for getting things cut. they have all the text on them which will need to be removed before you can use them

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I had a play with it a while ago and found the layout and templates were great, just made tool-paths for the profiles. I think the colours are for the laser cutting software red is info black is cutting.

I use Vectric software for my stuff.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
You can get Autodesk Fusion 360 free when you sign up as a student. It lasts 3 years.
Its exports DXF and other file formats.

I still need to get around to my new mega tree and using the laser cutting at school for a coro star. Only got this year and next year to utilise it.

Last edited:

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
True, I have used Fusion but it was more than I needed, hard to teach an old dog new tricks. There are lots of good programs out there it's just a matter of what works best for you.

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
I want a CNC/Laser cutting machine but will have wait I just spent toooooo much already this year

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
That low rider is so cool.
Definitely worth saving all the bottle tops for.