Co-op on parts for White LED Stobe PCB's

Im wondering what options people may be interested in with the Strobe group buy (from fasteddy)

• Just the boards no parts

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The boards, resistors, and transitor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The boards, resistors, transistors and PIC

• The boards and all parts minus the LEDs

• The boards and all parts including the 1/2 watt LEDs

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cenote

Suburbs of Philadelphia
Have not heard anything publicly yet, is anybody going to put a co-op together for parts on the strobes? Love the idea on new board to create a random firing pic, and would think that most users would opt for this option. Any idea on basic cost yet for parts with pic?

budude

Way behind schedule - again...
David Henry started an interest thread for the CC driver chip at DIYC and was looking at doing the current setting resistors but no word on other parts or LEDs...

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
All

I have one resistor value to be fine tuned under practical testing and then the Circuit and BOM can be published, sorry for the delay.

Due to the effective low weight of resistors and transistor/PIC I will be ordering the following components that can be bundled with the PCB. It is likely cheaper to buy these for all your PCB's even if not used immediately but partial orders will be fine.

Parts:
1 x 2 Ohm resistor for a 1W LED
1 x 7 Ohm resistor for a 1/2W LED
2 x Resistors for option 2/3 build
1 x 2n2222 Transistor for option 2/3 build
These parts will cost 10c per pcb (at 5000 units)

If there is demand i would also consider the PIC

Cheers
Phil

budude

Way behind schedule - again...
Hey Phil - do they make a 7ohm 1206 SMD resistor? I was looking around yesterday and seems the common values were 6.98 and 7.15 - 7.15 would result in 98mA which seemed to be a good choice anyway. Any way to bend your arm to offer something for 300mA LEDs? I got several Orange/White/UV LEDs and they are all 300mA... Another search resulted in a 2.37ohm resistor which would provide 295mA. No problem if you don't offer it - just throwing it out there in case others were using 300mA LEDs...

Thanks!
Brian

rmonty

New elf
I'm okay with paying for resistors for all three options for the convenience. Also like the PIC included idea, don't know where to vote for that.

ron

Apprentice elf
I'd like to get the full package as well. Any idea what the price is for the pic in large quantities?

Ron

DanoNJ

Full time elf
I heard about the PIC for stand alone operation, which is the only way these would work for me. With that said, I would also like to include these.

Dave

Full time elf
In for a penny in for a pound (does that make me sound old?)
Phill i'll go all the parts as well, i have extreme faith in your judgement.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.