• IMG_0403a_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0403a_edited-1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0404a_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0404a_edited-1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 108

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Logan it looks like you've gone from a backyard bandit to an uptown boy. Very swish and sophisticated.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
The last 2 years I have been stuck in the garage and on show nights if something isn't working or volume not right I have had to run around the house, duck under the garage door and make changes. However, I am so far away I can't even hear what's going on at the lights. So this year I am allowed in the house proper and after running wires here there and everywhere, I am close to the action. It just so happened that my wife poured me a glass of wine just as I had finished setting up and I thought I would leave it in the shot to add to the contrast [emoji3].
Also discovered that some kind soul had written an app that allows me to vary the volume on my ten year old amp via my phone so now I can even be out on the driveway and adjust the volume. So, if the weather stops being a pain in the #%^* and will let me finish setting the lights up, I will be a happy and warmer camper this year.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
What's the app for controlling your amp Logan. My amp is the same brand so it might be handy. Thanks.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
BundyRoy said:
What's the app for controlling your amp Logan. My amp is the same brand so it might be handy. Thanks.

The amp you see in the picture is very old and takes about 10mins to warm up before you get any sound out of one speaker. Also only the CD setting works so it's on it's last legs but i use it as my show amp.
However, and this is where my setup gets complicated..... I have a newer (but nearly 10 year old) Denon in the lounge that can output to a 2nd zone via another amp.
I won't bore you with the details on the convoluted way it is setup but needless to say, the music goes from the laptop to the newer amp and then back out to the older amp and then to the speakers and the app controls the volume of the newer amp (make sense or have I given everyone a headache now).
But back to your question.... I tried two apps - the first was called DeRemote that is supposed to control Denon and Marantz amps. However, it drops signal a lot so the one I use now and seems more stable is called DenONOFF.

MarcD

Full time elf
Thanks for that. You've given me an idea. In the past, we've used an old LG CD player which had an auxiliary input. It worked alright but wasn't great. It was still in the garage on sleigh painting day, so it's now mostly pink instead of black. During the year, I upgraded my AVR and now have the old Pioneer one sitting in the garage doing nothing. I could fire it up and add more speakers into the mix as well as having more sound options (eg Stadium).