Conduit now way cheaper at Bunnings NZ

logandc99

Dedicated elf
So here in NZ places like Bunnings have sold 4m lengths of 20mm or 25mm for around $22-$23 dollars which is hugely expensive compared to Bunnings Oz.
Well, they are currently selling 4m lengths for $4.95.
I grabbed 10 today.
So for those in NZ who need conduit but have been put off by the ridiculous prices here.... now vis your chance to stock up for the future growth of your displays.

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/deta-rigid-conduit-medium-duty-25mm-2601b_p04330848

videoman3857

Full time elf
OMG. $ 22-$23 per 4 mtr length !? That's more than a rip off !!!!
$4.95 is about normal everyday price in Bunnings OZ
I get mine from an electrical wholesaler.... it's cheaper again and if you get 100 lengths it's dirt cheap .
And if you scour high rise building sites , there's usually stacks in the dump bin - all for nix if you can get em

logandc99

Dedicated elf
OMG. $ 22-$23 per 4 mtr length !? That's more than a rip off !!!!
$4.95 is about normal everyday price in Bunnings OZ
I get mine from an electrical wholesaler.... it's cheaper again and if you get 100 lengths it's dirt cheap .
And if you scour high rise building sites , there's usually stacks in the dump bin - all for nix if you can get em
Yes we are totally ripped off here - for everything. In the past I managed to find some conduit for around $12 per 4m but some electrical supply places here were charging over $30 per 4mm. We constantly hear how the internet is killing local retail business here but it's a no brainer to buy online as everything here gets marked up several thousand percent. Even with shipping costs and potential customs charges, it still works out way cheaper.
On the plus side, the most dangerous creature we come across in the garden or the wild is the hedgehog :laugh:.

videoman3857

Full time elf
Yes we are totally ripped off here - for everything. In the past I managed to find some conduit for around $12 per 4m but some electrical supply places here were charging over $30 per 4mm. We constantly hear how the internet is killing local retail business here but it's a no brainer to buy online as everything here gets marked up several thousand percent. Even with shipping costs and potential customs charges, it still works out way cheaper.
On the plus side, the most dangerous creature we come across in the garden or the wild is the hedgehog :laugh:.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: