Configuring the EtherConGateway With Lightshow Pro

dmoore

Senior elf
I'm no expert but here is my configuration that seems to work fine:

<removed> - see the video below for correct configuration.

Be sure to change youtube to HD output and full screen so you can see the details.

dmoore

Senior elf
David Johnson from LSP suggested that when you add additional universes, that you only configure ONE instance of the plug-in (LSP won't prevent you from configuring more than one). Under hardware configuration, only have one instance of the plug-in. I'll see if I can get another video posted showing this.

neilric99

Full time elf
I am posting this thought here from the chat as it may help understand how the ECG works in the LSP world

I will create Visio of this configuration in due course

on the ecg you only define a slave output on the DR8 and assign a U# to it

that U # goes into the E1.31 output plugin for the zone (the output zone can actually contain many ECG's, each U# is defined to a slave out U# on an ECG at an IP address)

when you define the U# in the Zone you tell it how many channels its going to use.

now think about the PIXTAIL it uses Universes as well in the ECG config, but they are not DMX Universes.

and that also goes the same for the Renard slave output, they still get assigned a Universe # in the ECG

So bottom line is that a Universe is not directly related to a DMX Universe, it depends on whats actually connected after the ECG and how its configured.

In LSP we now have E1.31 zones which need parameters to say how many Universes are in it (as we are talking ECG this is mapped the same #'s) each U# in the zone can be whatever # you want, as long as the channels are sequencial across all Universes. and could be from multiple ECG's as the Universe also has a Ethernet address column (multicast or Unicast to a specific IP address)

so the 2 areas that need to be configured on the RGB controller are output and channels, output is related to the blob called the zone, channels relate to the U# in that zone

whether this is DMX or SPI or Renard outputs is down to the ECG and its slave configurations

dmoore

Senior elf
I'd love to see a diagram of this as I can't quite wrap my head around the zone/universe thing and having not seen an pixtail, hard to imagine that also. Thanks for your post!

joelrose

NW Iowa
Ding :)

We have a winner. 8)

Only on gotcha.

If you do a controller reset to reset the starting channel number....

You loose everything. Any channel names and output images(preview) all get reset.

A work around would be to save the controller to the library and drag it back in and set the starting channel number.
Of course if you have any track effect data, you are still screwed.

I have a request in to be able to to reset the starting channel on existing controllers, no response yet.
Maybe the request needs a little nudge from someone else.

JOel

dmoore

Senior elf
joelrose said:
Only on gotcha.

If you do a controller reset to reset the starting channel number....

You loose everything. Any channel names and output images(preview) all get reset.

A work around would be to save the controller to the library and drag it back in and set the starting channel number.
Of course if you have any track effect data, you are still screwed.

I have a request in to be able to to reset the starting channel on existing controllers, no response yet.
Maybe the request needs a little nudge from someone else.

Sounds like you are a few steps ahead of me. If you'll write it up in a step-by-step format or with a video, I'll be happy to post it to the LSP bug tracker.