Connecting pixlite 16 to xlights

Nizlights

New elf
Hey everyone , new here to the hobby. Got my sequences and layout of done but however im still struggling to connect the pixlite16 through the advatek website to xlights . Been trying for 4days now .

Also im using pixel strips to start with and for reson when i pluga strip on to the second output half of the led strip stays turned on even without me testing ?
Any help would be massively appreciated:)
Thanks in advance

cass2008

New elf
I user Pixlite 16 MKII . It has a dedicated app that you configure everything through, there isn't a website you connect to. That's what I have an issue with about advatek products. You can download the advatek assistant from advatek 's site https://www.advateklights.com/downloads. What caught me out too is that strips aren't RGB order so remember to play with that in the config too. I also recall the same issue of the strip staying on when I first started...for me the issue was not haveing everything plugged in correctly.
Hope that helps.

KiwiPhil

Full time elf
Hi Niz, I sent you a message on facebook, I can give yuou a hand on setting up the pixlite with xlights - there is a known issue with the configuration at the moment in the last few versions that the xlights guys know about but have not patched as yet

Nojoy

Full time elf
Download Advatek Assistant to your PC: https://www.advateklights.com/downloads/advatek-assistant/windows
In the assistant, search for and double click on your Pixlite 16 from the network.
In the Control tab, click the Advanced radio button, and select the Advanced button.
In the advanced popup, config the Outputs to match exactly what you have configured in your XLights Layout.

In Xlights, go to the Controllers tab, your Pixlite 16 should be visible in the list. Make sure the IP Address in XLights and the one showing in the Advatek Assistant are the same.
*Tip: If you aren't using static IPs, everytime you move the ethernet port on your router leading to the Pixlite the IP address can change.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Hi Niz, I sent you a message on facebook, I can give yuou a hand on setting up the pixlite with xlights - there is a known issue with the configuration at the moment in the last few versions that the xlights guys know about but have not patched as yet

If I was told about a pixlite issue it has slipped my mind Or already been fixed and I don’t recall doing a fix specifically for the pixlite.

KiwiPhil

Full time elf
If I was told about a pixlite issue it has slipped my mind Or already been fixed and I don’t recall doing a fix specifically for the pixlite.

It breaks if you open the visualiser and move anything, it seems the channel numbers get assigned as something totally different than what the visualiser is showing, then when you send to output the incorrect settings are sent - the guys in Zoom said it was a known issue

Nojoy

Full time elf
@ChasingTraction any chance you could do a screen recording (phone camera pointed at monitor) showing the channel settings before using visualiser, going into visualiser, and then settings after? Would provide the xlights dev team more details of what users are experiencing

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.