connecting up

David_K

Full time elf
Hi Everyone
Ok, I have a 27 channel ray wu controller and a AVD dongle and lights connected, all I get is the TX light on the dongle to shimmer. If anyone has any thoughts as to what I have done wrong I would appreciate it.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Do you have the start address on the 27ch board set?
The worst case would be to turn on the function dipswitch and let it just run the test sequence for tonight.
What sequencing software are you using and what are you using to adapt from the rj45 connector on dongle to the cannon connector on the 27ch board.

David_K

Full time elf
Hi AAH,
I have the start address at 1, the lights go through a sequence when dip switch 10 is on so I am guessing that is the test sequence you mentioned. I am using lightshow pro, I added the rj45 adaptor that you helped me with previously using the jaycar adaptor, I followed the link instructions so I hope I have wired it correctly. When you configure the output what should I see, is enttec Open DMX based device correct? thank you for your help.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The adaptor is an open dmx device. There's an option somewhere in lsp to enable outputs within the sequencer if you're using that. I'm useles at driving lsp. My only success with it was due to superman using teamviewer to set it up correctly for me.

David_K

Full time elf
Thanks for your help AAH, still not working, should the power light on the controller flash? that to me does not seem right.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The Ray 27 channel controllers will flash the red LED when they are recieving a valid DMX signal

David_K

Full time elf
Thank you for that, I can now turn all the channels on with the test function except channel 3 stays on so I am guessing there is a problem with that channel but I cannot get sequence to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.