Connection issues

robmilfyhunter

New elf
Hi guys a newbie ish here hoping someone my be able to steer me in the right direction.
I'm having issues with my hinxpiks pro from holidaycoro connecting to my laptop. I was able to configure a pixel controller last year with a lot of video watching and frustrations and now this year I'm wanting to add another controller and more pixels but there is now no communication between the hinxpiks pro and my laptop. Every year when i go to add more equipment i have the same problems. Has anyone come across this or am i missing something

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Is there a router in between or is it a direct connection? I don't know anything about the hinxpiks pro but if it gets an IP assigned via DHCP and you haven't set a static IP then a direct connection between a laptop and board won't generally assign an IP.

robmilfyhunter

New elf
Its a direct connection to the laptop. I've set a static ip address on the controller and done an op config and ping to make sure they're communicating to each other, which works. But when i type the ip address into the web bar to bring up the configuration page it's telling me it refuse to connect. I'm baffled! It was working last year and did everything the same as before.

Rainer Pfister

New elf
Please be assured that you are still using DHCP even with fixed IP-addresses. It could be possible that you can successfully ping the controller's address but that you will have no access to it.