Controllers Clashing - apparently -- user error? But I can't see it.

garyjac1

Apprentice elf
G'Day,

OK, I've set up LSP on a laptop with nothing connected to it. No controllers. No lights -- yet.

I had no problem setting up the mp3 file and a pic of the house.

I dragged a controller to the grid (RGB, E1.31) controller and configured it for 20 logical channels (60 physical).

I added intervals to the sequence, bass intervals using the menu tool (not manually).

I used the ON effect to switch on alternating intervals in this controller.

I drew the controller in the visualiser and the line of pixels appeared to flash ON and off at the correct places in time with the music.

So far, so good.

I dragged in a second controller and configured it with the same number of logical channels. I Reset the Start Channel of the second controller to 61 so there was no channel overlap, as per video instructions I've seen somewhere here.

I drew this controller in the visualiser as as string of lights also.

I set up ON effects in a different colours to the first but in alternating positions to the first controller, (i.e. where the first was ON this was off (blank) and vice versa.

I expected to see the first string switch on, then off, then the second switch on then off, alternating back and forth between the two different coloured strings.

What I saw in the visualiser was both controllers switching on in their respective colours in time with the intervals marked up.

So, where have I gone wrong?

Regards,
Gary Jacobson

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Same issue most have so the forum has the info already, so watch this video and take note that you cant number both controllers with the same start channel, they will just do the same thing, I think you may be an Ex LOR user because Ex LOR users have the biggest issue with getting this because LOR is geared towards controller numbers with every controller having a start channel of 1. DMX and E1.31 uses channel numbers for start addresses and in LSP each controller must have a start channel thats individual or else its just the same as there is no such thing as a controller number in DMX and E1.31, just channel numbers.

garyjac1

Apprentice elf
Nope. It turned out to be more simplistic than that even. I hadn't assigned the correct channels to the drawings in the preview. I took a lot of notice of the video, bit I guess you guys assumed that no one would make an even more basic error than repeating channel numbers :) Thanks for all the help in chat, and no, I am not an LOR user, good though that appears to be, just a learner driver. I'll be on the red P plate for awhile!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Bird said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
I think you may be an Ex LOR user because Ex LOR users have the biggest issue with getting this
Suuuurrre .. blame us LOR users :D :eek: :D :) ;) :D

Im only going from past history because the way LOR uses controller numbers compared to DMX/E1.31 using start channel numbers has always confused some of those making the move, which is understandable due to the differences.