Controllers. What to buy?

cslampman

New elf
Yes. Eventually, I hope to get the 5V stuff separated to one receiver. I bought a Genius receiver until I can get the Falcon Differential expansion card and receivers that I want. My yard is so spread out, that I’ll probably use 2 Differential expansion cards and 8 receivers, but Mega Trees and a lot of other props will have to wait for another year.

TerryK

Retired Elf
...to build a power supply box that I'll piggy back on the main box, so I can switch between 5V and 12V, depending on how I design my light show. I did...
You might consider configuring the Falcon for external power and give it its own supply. It wouldn't need to be a very large one. The advantage is that if you are switching between 5 and 12 volt systems there would be less worry feeding 12 volts to the Falcon if/when set up for 5 Volt. The V1 and V2 connectors on the Falcon can run at different voltages; only the V- is common between them. Logistically, little to no reconfiguration of the controller enclosure when changing to a different voltage.