Conversion from LOR

Slam

New elf
Wasn't sure where to post this but here seems the best so feel free to move this mods.

At the Sydney EXPO I made the decision to convert to xlights from LOR. This is a brief update and a huge 'thanks' to the group and to the folks that support the xlights zoom room for the last 6 months of help to convert my LOR display over to xlights.

Probably the greatest and most surprising advice I got was from Keith who, when kindly helping me get the ball rolling using xlights early on, responded with 'why?' when I said I thought the biggest job was recreating all the sequences again. He told me that there is so much content that it would be easier to just grab sequences already made and import them. I doubted him (yes hard to believe) but eventually I had some time to give importing a go. I was amazed! This really opened me up to the capabilities and I started to invest some money in some sequences. In the LOR world I had to create every single sequence. For the conversion to xlights, I created a couple of sequences and imported about 20 or more (for Halloween and Christmas). The end result is fantastic. We had hundreds of kids and parents visit us last weekend and kicked off our charity fundraising with a bang. Can't wait for the 19th to come when we kick off the Christmas display.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I don't mind that version of the devil. Nice sequencing to it.
I was a LOR stalwart many years ago but making the change to Xlights is the best thing that you can do. There's so much good and free advice and free sequences around.