Converting LOR S3 files to LSP

Wolfieee

New elf
Maybe this has been answered before but I've searched all the forums and websites I can think of and haven't been able to find much infomation on this.

I was pretty sure there was a program of some kind that coverted LOR files to other formats other the xlights but maybe I was wrong. Might be LSP files that it converts to LOR. Either way I can't find it.

Was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to change a LOR S3 file to LSP or even a Vixen file. I can at least import it into LSP.

Any help on this would be great.

cozbert

Full time elf
you should be able to import the LOR file straight into LSP from the import sequence button on the toolbar.

Wolfieee

New elf
Yeah I have tried that. It keeps telling me I have to convert it to an older version of LOR. I don't think LOR S3 files are compatable I've only been able to get LOR S2 files to work.

It's got me total baffled but I was sure you could use any LOR file but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I have imported LOR S3 files into LSP so it should work. Will check what exactly I did when I get home.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Ok, so I just clicked "Import Sequence", chose one of my LOR S3 sequences and it then asked for the music file which I located and it imported fine.
Do you want to send me your sequence and I will see if I can get it into LSP, save it and then fire it back to you as an LSP file.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
logandc99 said:
Ok, so I just clicked "Import Sequence", chose one of my LOR S3 sequences and it then asked for the music file which I located and it imported fine.
Do you want to send me your sequence and I will see if I can get it into LSP, save it and then fire it back to you as an LSP file.

Just be very carefull looking at this, I imported a few very basic sequences from s3 into 2.8 before halloween. the timings went off quiet a bit over the progression of the sequence.
It was quicker for me to re-do the sequence in lsp

logandc99

Dedicated elf
ѕυρєямαη said:
logandc99 said:

Just be very carefull looking at this, I imported a few very basic sequences from s3 into 2.8 before halloween. the timings went off quiet a bit over the progression of the sequence.

Ok. Didn't have that happen with mine but I guess something to be aware of if that can happen.

Wolfieee

New elf
logandc99 said:

Keeps telling me it's encrypted and that I need to convert it. I think I worked it out though. I only have a demo version of LOR so I think it stuffs it up when you save it so you can't import it to other programs. I'm such a goober o_O

nmiller0113

New elf
ѕυρєямαη said:
logandc99 said:

I know I may be way off base here, so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but could this have to do with the encoding of the MP3 and whether it is VBR vs CBR? I'm only asking because I'm itching to make the jump from LOR to LSP (Probably too late for this year but likely next), but will need to convert my 26+ 4800 channel sequences...so I kinda need this to work :)

cozbert

Full time elf
Wolfieee was using a trial version of LOR which encrypts the LOR file just like LSP does with its trial version, the only way to fix this would be to send it to someone with a full version of LOR and get them to save it again as a non encrypted version so that it could be imported into LSP.

Wolfieee

New elf
cozbert said:
Wolfieee was using a trial version of LOR which encrypts the LOR file just like LSP does with its trial version, the only way to fix this would be to send it to someone with a full version of LOR and get them to save it again as a non encrypted version so that it could be imported into LSP.

Very true! Have fixed the problem by buying a full version. It still doesn't do what I wanted it to do (or I'm not doing it right) but at least I can convert the millions of free sequences out there to work with LSP so they import colour.

What I was trying to do was compress the separate red, green, blue channels together and make it one channel. I have converted it to RGB in LOR but when you import it into LSP it still keeps the red, green, blue channels spearate. If any one know how to make them blend them together to look like the one compressed RGB channel in LOR I'd love to know how you did it. I've tried so many combinations of things but still can't get it to work the way I want it to. I'm guessing it might not work that why but would make sequencing super quick if I could

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Oh, ok. Didn't realise you were trying to convert the seperate RGB channels into one. That is a problem when going from LOR to LSP and I don't know a way around that either.

nmiller0113

New elf
cozbert said:

Actually, I was referring to the timing getting off as the song progressed that Superman warned of. I've seen that issue from MP3 encoding with CBR vs VBR. There is documentation on it all over the place, though I've only seen it LOR older versions. Just bringing it up in case that could be the issue with timing getting off in LSP as well.

Now reading about the import not combining the RGB channels into one...that would be a big deal for me as it would take forever to fix that, unless someone has built some cool tool to do it :)