copy and paste parts of timing tracks

everettdale

Apprentice elf
I'm putting together a sequence with singing faces that has a chorus that repeats 4 times. For the life of me I can't figure out how to copy a chunk of the timeline that the faces are using. For whatever reason I can't seem to be able to select more than one phrase, word, or phoneme at a time. I've searched and all I find is "select the part you want" or "with your mouse draw a yellow box around what you want to copy" How? How do I do this magic?

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
When copying it could be useful to create a new view that limits seeing only the "source" and "Destination" props. That will reduce the noise and chance of dropping it where you do not want. Just a small tip that might or might not help.

everettdale

Apprentice elf
It's a timing track that's changing the behaviour of selecting. The radial button is fairly obvious to select/deselect a timing track.
I can't think of another way how selecting would change.
CTRL click, Shift click, or Alt click would be more intuitive, but de-selecting and re-selecting the radio button works just fine, I just couldn't figure it out.

everettdale

Apprentice elf
When copying it could be useful to create a new view that limits seeing only the "source" and "Destination" props. That will reduce the noise and chance of dropping it where you do not want. Just a small tip that might or might not help.
I think that will be helpful actually. thanks