Copy & Paste Model Effects in Xlights

Jayxdallis

Bayrise Lights
Hey Guys

Is there a way to copy an entire model effect to a different model inc timing other than the zoom out & highlight the effect & paste on new model clicking perfectly on the mark I copied from?

Regards

J

Dreamin

Full time elf
Hello Harvey Bay, I'm just down on the Sunny Coast.

This is the way I do it.

Uncheck any of the timing tracks (that stops you highlighting items), then click and drag a box around the items you want to copy. The selected ones go purple, and you have to select the entire length of a marker. Then click where you them to go and paste (I use keyboard shortcuts for that). Remember if your doing multiple layers you'll have to have the same number of layer on the new prop your pasting to. :)

You can move the highlighted items up and down and drag them about to align them if your slightly off with your positioning.

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
There's a way around this. Put both models in a group, place that group directly below the model that has the effects you want, highlight the effects, and press the down arrow. That will move the effects to the group and they'll run on both models.

Jayxdallis

Bayrise Lights
Was hoping for a shortcut button 😇 @Dreamin I do it this way but always just off time especially on long tracks I have to zoom out heaps! & @CargoLights this would work but my groups are growing exponentially with prop density and sub model groups!

I have substantial pixel growth this year and lots to do so less time sequencing plan is to reuse some of last years shows with some copy & paste additions to fill in between the new stuff. ill just keep punching away at it!