Corflute options

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day All,
I'm sure there are many who have already thought of this but I thought I'd share just in case newbies like me are doing it tough with the $$. I went to the local Member of Parliament's office and asked if they had any old electoral signs that I could use to practice with. I could have loaded a truck. I took 30 pieces of 3mm & 5mm 900mm x 600mm sheets. I got them home and all but 2 are like brand new. I peeled of the stickers on the front and they are just like store bought items. They are not big cost items, but if you can practice and make mistakes that cost nothing but time, it's all good. I have just been making some candy canes and so far they look ok.
Anyway, just thought it may help some others. (and keep a heap of plastic out of landfill)
Cheers,
Steve

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
hey very nice idea.

So im guessing the signs were not printed onto corflute but used stickers on it instead?

Hmmm, wonder where my local member resides.

And to think of it.. I believe there is a federal election coming soon. mmmmmmmm. freeeeeee corflute!!!!!

924aussie

Full time elf
Matt said:
hey very nice idea.

And to think of it.. I believe there is a federal election coming soon. mmmmmmmm. freeeeeee corflute!!!!!

Depends on whether the other major party even bothers to show up :-X

Alan

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
924aussie said:
Matt said:
hey very nice idea.

Depends on whether the other major party even bothers to show up :-X

Alan

u mean the current inservice major party.. ;P

Habbosrus

Back again
Matt said:
hey very nice idea.

So im guessing the signs were not printed onto corflute but used stickers on it instead?

Hey Matt,
Yeah the corflute I got had stickers on them. It's a little bit of a bugger to pull it off, but worth the effort. There must be tens of thousands of old electoral signs floating around. The fella at the local members office here said they just got rid of hundreds at the local tip only a few weeks ago. Glad I was able to help, even if just a little. Like you said, there is an election coming soon. I have already told the mp's office to keep some signs aside for me - haha