Coro Floods

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Just a quick post about today's project, 2 floods for my garage door cover.

I have made a couple of the HolidayCoro Flood units and they are so quick and easy. Stripped out 2 Elite floods from Bunnings $19.95 NZ each, trimmed the coro boards a little to fit, peal tape and stick on, solder a couple of wires and Bob's your uncle.

Thirty minutes and colours galor!! I bought the boards, RGB lights and controllers and am very happy with them, the videos and instructions on the site are first class.

Kev :)

flogger7

New elf
Has anyone compared the light output of these to a similar setup using the Rainbow flood?

David's approach definitely seems really easy - just wasn't sure of how well it worked as a flood light compared to others.

dmoore

Senior elf
flogger7 said:
Has anyone compared the light output of these to a similar setup using the Rainbow flood?

David's approach definitely seems really easy - just wasn't sure of how well it worked as a flood light compared to others.

If you get your floods and don't think they were worth the money - we'll be happy to take it back.

The thing with floods is that you can't really compare one to another - each is different in it's own right. Say for example that you have a complex, wide house with lots of nooks and cranys. You'll never get even and complete coverage with a high output flood - instead you'll end up with shadows and dark spots. So in that case, you'd want a number of lower level output units instead to be able to cover the entire area.

Another issue is control - with the more floods you have, the more control over "sweeps" over your house - with one or two high output units, you loose that ability.

David

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
dmoore said:
flogger7 said:

If you get your floods and don't think they were worth the money - we'll be happy to take it back.

The thing with floods is that you can't really compare one to another - each is different in it's own right. Say for example that you have a complex, wide house with lots of nooks and cranys. You'll never get even and complete coverage with a high output flood - instead you'll end up with shadows and dark spots. So in that case, you'd want a number of lower level output units instead to be able to cover the entire area.

Another issue is control - with the more floods you have, the more control over "sweeps" over your house - with one or two high output units, you loose that ability.

David

I couldnt agree more there david, I use 15 floods on my house to cover the whole house and to also give that sweeping effect

G

GoofyGuy

ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
dmoore said:
flogger7 said:

David

I couldnt agree more there david, I use 15 floods on my house to cover the whole house and to also give that sweeping effect

So thats how you did it! Back to the drawing board.

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Trying to set the address channel on these with the HolidayCoro dongle but I am not having any luck. I have set the com port and have the correct driver, when I select the channel # I want it says writing OK, I close the application and look for the read channel button as in the video but there isn't one to be seen??

I am using my old HP laptop running Vista which is what I do all my programming on, I have no trouble setting address's with my Lynx gear on this.

Has anyone else had problems and better still anyone got tips on what may be wrong???

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Just went through this process on another laptop running Windows7 same result unfortunately.

daryl

New elf
I had the same problem... I think the latest version does not read like the video.
I ended up having to use LOR to test the channels once i had programmed them.
If your controllers are not programming, check your wiring.. I eventually had to use a different cable even after making sure the wiring was correct.
Once I made a new cable, it worked fine for me for writing.

mmkooiman67

New elf
I ran into the same problem. I program with that programmer and test in Xlights. Its free and it works.

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I have used a separate cable for power and soldered the cut cat5 to the controller for the DMX, when I start the programmer the lights don't go off to say it's getting the signal.

Should they go off with the latest version?

I have checked it in Xlights but no joy changing the address.

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
All sorted, once again operator error.

I made up another cable, watched Davids video several times and it programmed fine.

It's funny when the controller actually does the blink to show it has a signal from the programmer its like winning Lotto.