3.x Curve Cooker for Vixen3

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I had a lot of trouble drawing curves that were 'in beat' with my required music beats & bars, so I've programmed a little app that can generate them.

Specify:
* Curve direction
* Number of curve cycles,
* number of steps/beats per cycle &
* and offset amount for each step/beat/movement

Then it generates a curve VCL file that can be imported in to Vixen.

Beta coming very soon...

Attachments

• curvecook.png
    curvecook.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 38

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the .NET / C language that Vixen is programmed in.

I will be releasing the source too - they are welcome to convert the code & integrate it though :)

jchuchla

New elf
Brad, I was looking at your screenshot and I think I end up more confused than before I looked at it. Is the curve in the screenshot one that you would actually use of is it just something to use as a reference so that after you import it would give you a time reference for further editing?
I ask the question because we're investigating some other mechanisms that may accomplish your goal but using different methods.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
The curves generated I have used, in order to map beats over a certain time range.

Here's a video of the above curve - and the beats of the music give the chase a boost along the roofline:
Vixen 3 Beat Chase

I found this a bit time consuming to manually/calculate & map out. And then more annoying to adjust once I didn't like it. So I ended up writing this (VB6) app to calculate this. Then it generates the Curve XML which in turn can be imported in to Vixen.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Attached is Beta1, including Visual Basic 6 source code.

Note:
- Known bug - Start point position isn't calculated for repeated curves. Yet to get to this; been too busy with normal light stuff :)
- Requires mscomctl.ocx (MS Common Controls)

Attachments

• CurveCooker-Beta1.zip
    14 KB · Views: 4