DC12V WS2811 LED full color pixel module 3 LED

Jimbo

Full time elf
Hi,

I am looking at getting 1000 of these 3 led pixel modules to place on my roof this year.

I wanted something slightly different to the WS2811 5m strip which I use on my Mega Tree, as both are close together and wanted to create some contrast in the lighting design.

My only question is if anyone has used these and can comment on waterproofing? They are IP68, however just wanted to know if anyone else has had any experience with them.

Thanks

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I use the exact module for my tint tube icicles and haven't had any water issues with them. After 2 years service 1 red led on 1 of the 170 modules has failed so I've had a decent run. I believe that Matt used to use the same modules in his corostars and they were fully exposed to sun and water and as far as I know he had no issues.

mborg10

Michael Borg
These modules are basically strip cut up into the 3 led sections. They are enclosed in like a resin so waterproofing has been very good for me. I use them in all my coro stuff. Candy canes and stars. I can't actually remember any failing. 1000 would be equiv to 20 strips.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ive used modules like these and had great success, I had them on my black tiled roof facing the western sun and had only 2 fail out of several 100s due to water ingress, so over all a good result
The benifit with these is that they are covered in resin so makes it hard for any water to get in