DD-100 & 2801 RGB Pixels PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

JPB

Full time elf
Looking at the link you posted ( and the same place we buy lots of gear from )
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Mini-protocol-Decoder-DMX-to-WS2801-512-dmx-address-decoded/701799_440556828.html

and using the colour scheme in the far right column
Black = Ground
Red = Clock
Green = Data
Blue = LT which has got me beat to what that could be.

Reading how you wired them from a few posts back

led pixel dmx decoder

blue <connected to> red
green <connected to> blue
white <connected to> black connected on both sides of the dmx decoder
red <connected to> 12+ from pc computer connected on both sides of the decoder
<green wire not used>

I think you should be using the Green wire for data and not using the blue

Next thing is to identify the correct colour/signal leads on your pixels. And looking the link you can pop the cover off and check them. Don't trust the way the other fella wired his because the colours used can change between batches.

Jon

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The output cable labelling appears to be for a DC output and is nothing like the 6803 one I have which is marked Gnd, Dat and Clk so only 3 outputs as power does not go through the controller.

It seems confusing because it says 2801 512, but the outputs dont have a clock, data , instead they are labelled for a DC controller with 4 wires labelled R,G,B and GND

So im unsure if it is a pixel controller or a DC controller because there seems to be differences between what I have and what is shown and seems to me thats its wired as a DC output. I may be wrong

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
larry said:
David_AVD said:
Looks like a pixel decoder to me...

David Moore did a thread a while back here.

So will it work?

Looking at the DMoore link that was posted it shows only 3 output wires and is what I have with mine, so thats where im confused and concernd.

If its a DC controller then No it will not work, but the issue is its still hard to tell asthe outputs are different to what has been seen in the past.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I have 2 of these and the stickers on them are all screwed up but they are all 2801 controllers as written down the bottom. I had one that had the extra green wire and it wasnt connected to any thing.
the trouble is you dont really know if they are RGB 2801 or 6803 controllers as any sticker could go onto it.

larry

New elf
so lets pretend that this decoder would work, could i connect it to my dmx to usb (adj myDMX) adapter and use it?

Could someone point me in the right direction of some hardware that would work.. I really want to use Madrix and the ability to extend the matrix to make the floor larger would be a huge plus.

Thanks again for all the help!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
larry said:
Could someone point me in the right direction of some hardware that would work.. I really want to use Madrix and the ability to extend the matrix to make the floor larger would be a huge plus.

Thanks again for all the help!

Or even better take a look at the J1SYS controller selection chart

larry

New elf
ѕυρєямαη said:
I have 2 of these and the stickers on them are all screwed up but they are all 2801 controllers as written down the bottom. I had one that had the extra green wire and it wasnt connected to any thing.
the trouble is you dont really know if they are RGB 2801 or 6803 controllers as any sticker could go onto it.

Could you post pics or possibly make a digram on how your are wired.. i dont wanna mess up anymore pixels.