Deployed for Christmas but still did a Display

gabe

New elf
Hello all, I know I haven’t been on or in the chat room for quite a while. I am currently Deployed, 1) I have been busy, 2) not the greatest connection to the internet…
2011 unfortunately wants able to be home to do a display this year, but I did manage to get a small display up in time for Christmas. It isn’t the best in the world nor is it done the way I would have liked, but with the supplies I had available I did the best I could.
Please keep in mind the lights you see is what I brought with me and all I had room for when we left home. The cabling and other stuff needed I acquired from scavenging our location. Will post pictures (if you want) of what not to do unless you are in this situation.
YouTube
[/color]http://youtu.be/2QWmnPWYoDM
[/color]http://youtu.be/6pFFozCNSOU
Specifications:
1- LOR PC16
775- Incandescent Mini Lights
100- RGB LED bulbs
10M (300) 5050 RGB LED strip
1- CFL Flood Light
2- 5vdc .5A DC power supplies (scavenged from old equipment)
1- 12vdc .8A DC power supplies (scavenged from old equipment)
6- outline targets
7- 16 channel songs from way back when I started playing with LOR

I just wanted to tell you that I may not be home where I can do more, but didn’t miss 2011… And Please let me know what you think..........
Gabe

westy27

Apprentice elf
Hey mate ,

Looks like you have done a awesome job in the situation. I know how it feels to deploy and would never have thought to take the stuff with me .

Stay safe.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Well done Gabe. I know that there's at least 1 other member here got deployed and your display way outstrips his. Absolutely great display considering your circumstances. I hope that you had a safe and merry Christmas.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I hope your doing well over there Gabe. I think what you did was absolutly fantastic to be able to set up a small show and share the joy of Christmas over the other side of the world, im sure that has really helped with lifting the spirits over there.

Thanks for sharing

gabe

New elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
I hope your doing well over there Gabe. I think what you did was absolutly fantastic to be able to set up a small show and share the joy of Christmas over the other side of the world, im sure that has really helped with lifting the spirits over there.

Thanks for sharing

It was killing me not being home and yes building the display did make me feel alot better.

I am glad you enjoyed it. We should be getting a better internet soon, may be I can spend some more time here too

wjohn

Apprentice elf
Gabe,
Congratulations on the Show, I know it is tough trying to get things normal when you are deployed. On my last tour, I had lights all around my accom area, and others then had lights sent over so they too could decorate,.

Hope you had a 'quiet' Xmas, and will be home soon.

John (returned Vet)

gabe

New elf
I appreciate the complements guys and i am truly glad you enjoyed it. The host nation guys loved it too.

Bird- I brought the one controller (no box) and about 1500 (1000 incandescent and 500 RGB LEDs) lights from my stockpile. The rest of it was scavenged from our location. and when the others on my team what I was doing we managed to find enough wire and materials to make it happen. The only hard part was spreading 1500 lights out enough to make it happen.

We were able to get a few more videos if you want to see them here is my YouTube page [SIZE=78%]http://www.youtube.com/user/HypperLights[/SIZE]

All the deployment lights videos are there