diff receiver being a grinch

Ltmup

Full time elf
twas the night before last and all was quiet in my street till I turned on my display to find my mega tree to be dark. the tree is run from DMX port on f16 v3 has worked fine for this month and several years previous . the receiver does not have the data indicator lights flashing when running show or test from f16. test button on receiver lights up tree fine. have tried several patch leads including one from new packet but no joy. I do have a expansion for f16 that i have never used, no idea how to set up in visualizer. any fault finding/work around ideas ?

Iain

Full time elf
Do you have a spare receiver? Might be time to swap it out and see if another one works…

Ltmup

Full time elf
tried my " spare " of dubious functionality, this one at least got 3 of the 4 data lights to work but still buggered

Iain

Full time elf
That kind of points to the receiver being faulty. The dubious one has 3/4 ports ok, and your original has maybe 0! I just used my last spare otherwise I’ll lend it to you (you’re in Darwin?) not sure if @Snitz87 has any spare receivers. Otherwise maybe order one from Hanson…

Ltmup

Full time elf
My thoughts as well on the receiver. have spent the afternoon doing some creative wiring to run tree direct from f16. It isn't pretty but it seems to be working, night will tell. mixing 12v and 5v what could possibly go wrong O_O. I was working on the upper floors of the new CDU building on Thursday when that storm hit and saw an even for here big lightning strike in the Cullen bay Larrakeyah area so I hope he didn't have to much damage.