Dimming All Lights

Binkles

Full time elf
After playing around with the lights, I'm really concerned that if I set these lights out of a number of things will happen.

Blinding my neighbours, blinding pedestrians, or blinding drivers.....

Not to mention get planes landing on my road thinking it's a well lit runway...

Anyways, is there a way in xLights to universally lower the intensity of the lights without having to do each effect individually?

i13

Dedicated elf
I'm not as experienced with xLights yet but in Vixen I set the dimming curve for a light set so that it maxed out at less than 100% brightness. Pretty sure xLights has the same feature.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Yeh, the only way that I know of is to lower the dimming curve of each and every model, or lower the intensity in the controller. Would be great if there was an overall button as ideally I would like to lower the whole display on the night that I video it. Im not gonna go through each model and lower them just to video.

Binkles

Full time elf
With the small number of models in my display, I should be able to get away with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marmalade

cats & pixels
I'm with Shell (and others) on this one...would be so useful, even for testing.

A quick workaround could be to save the full and dimmed layouts as needed and rename them to separate dimmed_rgbeffects and full_rgbeffects files.

Then copy the models tag from the one required to the rgbeffects file before startup.

Someone may even be able to python up a script to do it *hint* :)