Display issue

Jimbo

Full time elf
I am getting a little frustrated with LSP.

When I play back my sequence it is not displaying properly. It jumps and missess bits. When I watch the Flashing on each channel in the sequencer it is skipping and missing.

It is now so bad that i can't programme properly.

I have a quad core 3.6 Ghz i7 with 8 gig ram. Whilst playing it is only using 4 gig of ram and only 15% of the cpu.

The audio file is mp3, 128kbs 44,100khz.

I only have 2000 channels.

The only thing I can think of is my show is 12.30 minutes long. So the audio track is this long (mixed 9 songs ) I like having one sound track so there is no gaps and so music flows. This issue has started when I got upto the 6 minute mark in the programming.

Is this the likely cause? What is the gap between songs like if done individually?

I have re-installed windows 7 as well. Would more ram help or fix the problem?

arw01

Full time elf
Do not have any that long myself, what if you highlight just specific sections and play that while sequencing? Eg. 1 min or 2 min? How does it play in the scheduler?

Btw the sequencer is single threaded until the re-write, do you have Ssd drive?

Baf05

Full time elf
Of the many issues I am having with LSP I have noticed this one myself, its not to bad, but if I was relying on it for timings my display would be s&%^t.

One of the things I think might be an issue, is the drawn images, I know that in mine there are errors, as in, when I drew the images in the display preview then did the linking, there has been some crossovers to other images. I think this causes LSP to get confused and takes time to figure it out....

Might be worth looking at?

dale82

Senior elf
Just a quick Question, Are you using the Shared Visualiser? If so try turning that off as last year I had the same issue and I just used the Display Preview. This is where a dual monitor setup works really well, and trust me, last year I didn't have a dual monitor setup and this year I do and it is heaps easier. This is just my opinion.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
dale82 said:
Just a quick Question, Are you using the Shared Visualiser? If so try turning that off as last year I had the same issue and I just used the Display Preview. This is where a dual monitor setup works really well, and trust me, last year I didn't have a dual monitor setup and this year I do and it is heaps easier. This is just my opinion.

What Dale said :D

Also the longer a sequence the more memory load the slower the performance

Another thing to try is to turn down the graphics settings in the LSP settings and also try to have as little controllers/channels showing in the grid when playing back

Also don't try and use heaps of timing marks when generating effects using macros then try and use 15ms or even 10ms for the effect timing.

But using LSP in dual screen mode works much better than in single screen mode

Jimbo

Full time elf
Hi,

Yes shared virtuliser is off. I am running dual screen as well. I also have a 2gb video card. When I first got LSP the inbuilt video Intel graphics struggled. So got a new video card.

What concerns me is the output ie is not plsying smoothly. The only thing i have done is install service pack 1 for windows 7. I might uninstall this and see if there is a difference.
I will try changing settings and see what happens. Failing this I will try splitting show in 2.

Can anyone tell me with scheduler, what the gap is between songs? Is it instant or a few seconds?

Jimbo

Full time elf
Well I found the cause of the issue.

I remembered last week that the monitor I had the display on had been set automatically to a low resolution. It had been like this the whole time i had been programming. Last week i changed it to the highest resolution and not long after that i started having the problems.

I dropped it back tonight to the lower resolution and it works fine. The ram usage also dropped to 2gig.

So there you go.

calonestar

New elf
Re: Display issue (Playback in Visualizer)

I was having issues and followed this post.

My original issue was when I started playback on a musical sequence, my display photo would blink instead of the drawn channels. I turned of shared virtualization. I have dual monitors and the preview unpinned and on the other monitor. Now, the timing of the playback is out of sync and some of the drawn channels won't even turn on. I'm only using 24 RGB channels for this test run.

Computer 32g RAM, new i7 chip, dual 500G SSDs in Raid 0. Running LSP in 64 bit. Any ideas?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: Display issue (Playback in Visualizer)

calonestar said:
I was having issues and followed this post.

My original issue was when I started playback on a musical sequence, my display photo would blink instead of the drawn channels. I turned of shared virtualization. I have dual monitors and the preview unpinned and on the other monitor. Now, the timing of the playback is out of sync and some of the drawn channels won't even turn on. I'm only using 24 RGB channels for this test run.

Computer 32g RAM, new i7 chip, dual 500G SSDs in Raid 0. Running LSP in 64 bit. Any ideas?

Ensure your computer has all the windows updates installed as i have seen some weired issues using my computer recently until i did a windows update which fixed my issues

arw01

Full time elf
absolutely sure the audio file is 16 bit constant, 44,100 sample rate and 128K bps?

If not totally sure, take it back into audacity and make sure, and then make sure to remove the name_of_the_song.dat file from LSP before you open it back up in the sequence.

I forgot to do that yesterday and chased my tail around for a while with out of sync playback to the waveform.

calonestar

New elf
Well....no of that works. It's not even close. If I scrub slowly through the sequence the drawn channels appear to be in sync with the music. If I play at normal speed the drawn channels are not in sync at all and mostly don't even light up. Any more ideas why this is happening? I ran LOR last year and had no issues at all. Even on a slower computer.

I will have to run a test to the outputs and see if it's doing this in the "real world". If it's ok, maybe I can just set up early and sequence from the street in front of the house :D .

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
With only 2k channels and your computer specs then this should not be an issue, so definetly something not right

Are you running dual screen and have shared visualizer turned off in your settings

do you have your graphic settings in LSP set to low (you should be able to happily use high detail with your computer specs)

What video card are you using or are you just using the motherboard video card.

Do you have the latest and correct video driver installed for your video output

Did you install the codecs for 64bit when you installed LSP (you should have been prompted)

Have you updated your windows system with the latest updates

Does each item drawn in the visualizer have its own allocated channel and no elements share channel ranges.

If all fails, then uninstall LSP, delete the install folder, reboot and reinstall fresh and see if that helps

gerry

Senior elf
A few months ago , I had a similar or identical issue but this was because I am using Unicast (for no reason other than Superman showed me this at the start ) and one of my controllers was physically not connected/on.

Finally found an old post from Shell about this.

calonestar

New elf
Well, I did do all the things recomended by Fasteddy, all the way to reinstall. I don't have any problems with an animation sequence. I made a test sequence and everything is in time for that into the visualiser. For some reason, in the musical sequence, the controllers are flashing out of sync and that is being displayed in the visualizer. So, my problem isn't with the visualizer. It's why aren't the controllers turning on and off at the correct timing marks? It's like they lag the song marker then skip and flash eratically to try and catch back up with the marker. I have the song at 128/16/44100 after running it through audacity. I am going to tray a differnt song while I wait on any ideas you may have. Will Report.