Distance between pi and transmitter

aimbrunone

New elf
I’m new to the hobby and trying to plan out locations of pi and transmitter. I’ve heard if they are too close together you can get interference. How far apart should they be?

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Well, that is a tricky question. There are some that can run them real close and some that have to run them far apart. Some of the main things are the use of quality power supplies and cables between the two. Some have found the need to use a ferrite isolator on the cables. I think it also comes down to the type of Pi being used and the model of transmitter also.

Having said all that, I normally have about 3 or so feet between my PI and transmitter while using a quality splitter to go from my PI to my external speaker and to the transmitter. The best thing is tog et your setup done early and tested to see what works for your situation.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
People have real problems, they take various forms, and different solutions have helped depending on the situation. See a thread like: https://auschristmaslighting.com/th...t-working-with-k8-b-and-fm-transmitter.15220/ and the threads it references for some ideas.

But this is just my way of saying that I don't really know... Try doing what you want, and if that doesn't work out, apply the various workarounds (increase distance, add audio/power isolators, etc.).

aimbrunone

New elf
Thank you both. I will try some stuff out and see what works best.