DIY 12 Ribbon Tree

Gilrock

Full time elf
dougd said:
Why don't the ropes twist? You would think they would twist but apparently they don't.

They do twist a little. I tried to say that earlier but I called them cables instead of ropes. They also sag a little after a couple weeks. So I go across the bottom and untie each rope to readjust one at a time. I really want to get away from the ropes and use aluminum and even if I still have to tie wrap the ribbon on I'll do that part with the frame lying horizontal on saw horses or something like that.

viennaxmas

New elf
If you use aluminum strips you can use silicone to glue pixel strips or CCR onto then...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424531906.707619.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424531906.707619.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 54

Gilrock

Full time elf
I don't plan to make something that will stay together year round. I need to be able to break down the aluminum structure to fit everything through a 3'x2' hole into the attic so the ribbons will be removed each year.

Gilrock

Full time elf
I was going to build an aluminum frame and even bought all the aluminum stock for it but once I got into drilling and cutting the first one it didn't seem as stiff as I wanted and it was going to be hard to store. So I changed plans and tie wrapped my ribbon strips to some Boscoyo strips I had lying around. They hold the ribbons straight and don't twist like the rope used to do and will be easier to coil up and store so I'm happy with them.